Happy Birthday!

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Re: Happy Birthday! The Birthday Thread.

Postby Raphael » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:31 pm

The ascendant is regarded as the 'mask' you wear when meeting others, the face you show to the world and also your 'coping mechanism' with which you face difficult situations, a sort of protecting shield if you like.

To calculate the ascendant you need the exact hour and minute of your birth. The reason why you're getting different results is probably due to the fact that your ascendant is somewhere at or near the border between Scorpio and Sagittarius, so some charts interpret it as the former, and others as the latter. These two signs are essentially different - Scorpio is passionate, intense and mysterious, while Sagittarius is enthusiastic, easygoing and straightforward - so if your ascendant is positioned right between them, it may be a little bit of both. However if you say that it's usually Scorpio, then most likely it is, although a certain influence from Sag is not out of the question

Well, I would say I am nothing like a scorpio lol
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Saturn » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Listen guys bit of administration here. While I have nothing against personal conversations on the forum, and I love the fact that there's so many new people getting to know one another could we please try and keep threads on topic, and keep personal business like this to PMs or threads dedicated to this particular subject; otherwise threads tend to get derailed very easily and the title becomes meaningless. No criticism of you guys, just a general note really, it would be nice if people kept conversations between themselves to PMS where they're more appropriate.

Thanks,

Saturn.
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Jupiter » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:42 pm

We've already done that.
Jupiter

Postby Saturn » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Thanks Jupiter, I wouldn't usually say that, but as I mentioned earlier in the thread I was hoping to keep this a simple one which just offered Birthday wishes whenever a member's birthday came up, and it became more of a conversation between two or more people, which if you were an outsider reading, or a guest, you would think was perhaps a bit cliquey, and I don't want this forum to become self-serving and inward looking; I want new people to be able to just jump in and join in with debates.

I hope I did not offend you or Raphael, or anyone else; my editorial interference in the forum is meant to be on the whole imperceptible but sometimes I have to intervene on certain things.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Re: Happy Birthday!

Postby Raphael » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:16 pm

if you were an outsider reading, or a guest, you would think was perhaps a bit cliquey, and I don't want this forum to become self-serving and inward looking; I want new people to be able to just jump in and join in with debates.

I really dislike cliques- is why I always urge new members to read older posts and jump in- which good to see they have been doing. :D We have had some nice new folks join in the past few weeks.

I hope I did not offend you or Raphael, or anyone else; my editorial interference in the forum is meant to be on the whole imperceptible but sometimes I have to intervene on certain things.

No problem.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Jupiter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:38 am

Saturn wrote:Thanks Jupiter, I wouldn't usually say that, but as I mentioned earlier in the thread I was hoping to keep this a simple one which just offered Birthday wishes whenever a member's birthday came up, and it became more of a conversation between two or more people, which if you were an outsider reading, or a guest, you would think was perhaps a bit cliquey, and I don't want this forum to become self-serving and inward looking; I want new people to be able to just jump in and join in with debates.

No worries, it is a good thing to have such an actively involved admin on this site.
Jupiter

Postby Ennis » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Happy belated birthday to Fanny Brawne (09 August 1800)!!
Thank you, Fanny, wherever your spirit is for passionately and sincerely loving Keats.
"But if you will fully love me, though there may be some fire, 'twill not be more than we can bear when moistened and bedewed with Pleasures." JK to FB 08.07.1819
Ennis
Calidore

Postby Raphael » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:02 am

Ennis wrote:Happy belated birthday to Fanny Brawne (09 August 1800)!!
Thank you, Fanny, wherever your spirit is for passionately and sincerely loving Keats.

Goodness I forgot her birthday! :oops: I second that Ennis- many thanks to Miss Brawne for her love of and devotion to our dear poet.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby marwood » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:27 pm

Happy Birthday Saturn!!
Hope you have a great day!
Best wishes,
Chin Chin.
Take care, Marwood.
That I might drink, and leave the world unseen.
marwood
At Parnassus' foot

Postby Saturn » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:53 pm

Why thank you marwood, hope you too are well.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Raphael » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:37 am

Happy Birthday Saturn- hope the day is filled with lots of cake, claret, many good presents and good cheer!

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby BrokenLyre » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:37 pm

Happy belated birthday indeed Saturn! Hope all is well for you and many thanks for serving us with your efforts on this site.
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Postby Malia » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Happy Birthday Saturn from a fellow October baby :)
(October is really the best month of the year, wouldn't you say?)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:08 pm

Malia wrote:Happy Birthday Saturn from a fellow October baby :)
(October is really the best month of the year, wouldn't you say?)

Absolutely :mrgreen: Sorry I missed yours Malia :oops:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Ennis » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Happy 30th birthday to Ben Whishaw aka John Keats!!
(14th October 1980)
"But if you will fully love me, though there may be some fire, 'twill not be more than we can bear when moistened and bedewed with Pleasures." JK to FB 08.07.1819
Ennis
Calidore

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous