13 September

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

13 September

Postby Ennis » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:44 pm

13 September 1820

"Mr. Keats left Hampstead."

Let us all think of Fanny Brawne today. 190 years ago today, her man left her -- her one true love. . . And she never saw or even heard from him again!!
I am the first to admit that leaving HER was extremely difficult for KEATS: "I see her figure eternally vanishing" (to ill-quote him), but I also believe that Fanny's feelings concerning the beginning of the "great divorcer" have all too frequently been either totally ignored or brushed aside as irrelevant.
Let's do her justice today (even if it's just reading The Letters and lighting a candle, Raphael).
"But if you will fully love me, though there may be some fire, 'twill not be more than we can bear when moistened and bedewed with Pleasures." JK to FB 08.07.1819
Ennis
Calidore

Re: 13 September

Postby Raphael » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:59 pm

Ennis wrote:13 September 1820

"Mr. Keats left Hampstead."

Let us all think of Fanny Brawne today. 190 years ago today, her man left her -- her one true love. . . And she never saw or even heard from him again!!
I am the first to admit that leaving HER was extremely difficult for KEATS: "I see her figure eternally vanishing" (to ill-quote him), but I also believe that Fanny's feelings concerning the beginning of the "great divorcer" have all too frequently been either totally ignored or brushed aside as irrelevant.
Let's do her justice today (even if it's just reading The Letters and lighting a candle, Raphael).

A sad day it was Ennis. She must have been so sad that day she couldn't write anymore in her diary.Her letters show how much she wanted to go with him to Italy or have had him stay with her family in his final days.
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Malia » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:49 am

Wow, I'd forgotten this day in Keatsian history. Tragic, indeed.
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby harvest » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:00 am

my heart hurts when i think of that day for them... quite sad.
Now a soft kiss - Aye, by that kiss, I vow an endless bliss. ~ j. keats
harvest

Return to Miscellaneous