The sound of love!

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

The sound of love!

Postby Raphael » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:16 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJo2OgpicOo

Oh so joyous..speaks of elation, pure happiness, love, beauty, light...it gives me shivers down the spine.

I floated about the whirling atmosphere as it is described with a beautiful figure to whose lips mine were joined as it seem'd for an age, and in the midst of all this cold and darkness I was warm. Even flowery tree tops sprung up and we rested on them with the lightness of a cloud till the wind blew us away again.
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Re: The sound of love!

Postby harvest » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:52 am

sigh.

this is so beautiful. as in my heart is beating faster as each note plays, i am in love.

sometimes i think i must have lived in another time...
Now a soft kiss - Aye, by that kiss, I vow an endless bliss. ~ j. keats
harvest

Postby Raphael » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:18 pm

harvest wrote:sigh.

this is so beautiful. as in my heart is beating faster as each note plays, i am in love.

sometimes i think i must have lived in another time...

I'm so glad you like it harvest! It is beautiful and I had to share it! They didn't call FC the poet of the piano for nothing! It really does evoke John's dream for me.I think he would have LOVED this piece of music..sigh...had he lived to a longer age he might well have heard it.

I know I have lived in other times... :wink:

I had an interesting day today- met up with my piano teacher in a local cafe and brought my piano folder to show her and piano books. I had them open on the table at the "Heroic" Poloniase (I'm working on learning a section...)and a man had got up from the table to the side of us and leaned over my shoulder and started humming it! Yet it didn't have the name heroic on the sheet only "polonaise"- he could tell by the notes which one it is. A woman was with him- who is Polish! She hugged me when I told her Chopin is my fave composer ever and then the man was saying we should arrange Chopin meet ups in the cafe. They gave me their contacts.
Afterwards I went to the second hand bookshop and got an old edition (1960's I think) of Emma for 20p that has a dried flower inside! I was talking to the shop owner and she told me that she has a spirit of a woman from the 1900s in there who passed of Consumption. She has heard the spirit woman coughing and she moves books around the shop.

Then I went to the local art gallery and I met some artists who were exhibiting work and one likes our John and said "he was quite handsome". She has good taste. :D

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Malia » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:20 pm

Phenomenal. What else can I say?
Thanks for posting the link and making my day.
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Raphael » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Malia wrote:Phenomenal. What else can I say?
Thanks for posting the link and making my day.

Glad you like it too Malia! I'm beginning to think that this is the greatest and most beautiful of Frederic Chopin's compositions. I'm always seeing John's dream listening to it. :D

PS the bloke rang me today re the FC group- looks like it will happen- just have to get the cafe people to agree to let us use one of their rooms! :D

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby harvest » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:00 am

wow!!! what a lovely day indeed!

you are in the UK correct? it looks like i'll be heading over in 2012 :D

i need to get the exact details, but we'll be 2 hours from heathrow lol that's the best i can do now ~ lol
harvest

Postby Raphael » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:55 am

Yes I'm in Britain- up north tho- miles away from London! I was "playing" a bit of the etude last night on my Piano- Piano is out of tune so the notes were not exactly those on the sheet music but sounded "right" to me as to how Piano is at the moment. Piano is old and he needs tuning and some keys fixing. It starts with E but D sounds better on Piano at the moment. Just picking out the main melody with my right hand but I was pleased I got it considering I'm an absolute beginner. I'm starting lessons at the end of the month. I need to find the money to get Piano fixed up! Hope you get to come over and see Keats House! I've not even been there myself yet.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby harvest » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:02 am

looks like i'll be near here ~ 45 minutes from Bristol and one hour from Birmingham.

and YES i will of course visit the keat's house, the trip would be incomplete if i didn't :) you should try to join me, i knoe my husband, kids & mother won't be interested lol!

my daughter starts piano lessons next week, i hope i am able to pick some up as well.

goodluck w/ your lessons!
harvest

Postby Raphael » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:02 pm

and YES i will of course visit the keat's house, the trip would be incomplete if i didn't :) you should try to join me, i knoe my husband, kids & mother won't be interested lol!

I'd LOVE to- all depends when I get a job- unfortunately been unemployed for awhile. :(

my daughter starts piano lessons next week, i hope i am able to pick some up as well.

How lovely! I hope you both really love your lessons! What type of piano have you got? There is a thread and photos of my Piano on the misc one- it's entitled sharing my good news with you.

goodluck w/ your lessons!

Thanks!

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Return to Miscellaneous