Who are you? Introduce yourself

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby Malia » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:57 am

Welcome, Chey89! :) It's great to have you here--and hope to hear from you often!
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:08 am

Welcome all from your friendly Admin... honestly I am :)
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Chey89 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:43 pm

Hello, thanks for your welcome.. :D you all seem to be very nice.

C u later, ciao
Chey89

Postby Saturn » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:47 pm

Welcome aboard Chey89 :D :D
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:05 am

Ok. It's official. I've read the postings in this topic a few times, reticent to post anything...I am certainly the grandmother on this forum at 35!!

My name is Denise.
I'm a:

full time grad student getting MLA in English at St. Thomas Univ here in Houston, TX.

mother of 3 small sons--they all know Keats, as he's planted on every wall and bookshelf in the house...

singer--for $, yes!! alas, that is also how I ate in undergrad...

Keats fanatic...discovered him at 17 in my high school English class...when I read "Ode to a Nightingale" for the first time--I realized there was a kindred spirit out there...been in love with him ever since.

poet--or so I write poetry...have been published in small journals--campus journals, mainly--it is the only language that truly gets through to me...

lover of all music--classic rock, 70's am gold, Beethoven, Wagner...you name it--I can't live without music

teacher--taught high school English--until I resigned to go to grad school full time--I miss my students many days--many other days, I don't!

complete girl--I cry at sad/romantic movies--"A Room with a View"!!

incurable Romantic...it is the only way I know how to live--I fall in love probably about once a week. :lol:

I love this forum. It's very comfortable and replete with extraordinarily intelligent folks...I am happy to be in such company.
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:50 pm

dks wrote:
I love this forum. It's very comfortable and replete with extraordinarily intelligent folks...I am happy to be in such company.

Thank you very much Denise, we are all flattered :oops: :oops:

I'm glad you like it.

Sometimes I feel I'm a bit like a janitor, cleaning the floors of a school - it's the puplis who make the school community, not the staff.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:02 pm

Saturn wrote:
dks wrote:

Thank you very much Denise, we are all flattered :oops: :oops:

I'm glad you like it.

Sometimes I feel I'm a bit like a janitor, cleaning the floors of a school - it's the puplis who make the school community, not the staff.

No, Saturn. You should feel important, indeed--like the noble, deft administrator that you are. :)
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:22 pm

:oops: I don't take compliments very well :oops:

Thanks anyway but honestly all thanks should go to Thilo and Golyadkin who were here from the beginning and who gave me the job for some reason :roll:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:54 pm

Oh, hell--go on and take a compliment--you may as well...just in case there's ever anyone around the corner waiting to bring you down.

Carpe Diem, Saturn. Life is achingly short. :wink:
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:58 pm

dks wrote:Oh, hell--go on and take a compliment--you may as well...just in case there's ever anyone around the corner waiting to bring you down.

There always is - I'm always two seconds from disaster :lol:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:07 am

Saturn wrote:
dks wrote:Oh, hell--go on and take a compliment--you may as well...just in case there's ever anyone around the corner waiting to bring you down.

There always is - I'm always two seconds from disaster :lol:

Not so as long as you're here. We'll make sure of that. :wink:
dks
Dante

Postby Digression_jim » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:45 pm

Hello, thought I would introduce myself and this seems like the perfect place. My name is Jim and I am 37 years of age (sorry Denise but I am now the oldest) I live in Lapland in northern Finland and I am at present studying Finnish Language, I have recently graduated from my first course and am now undertaking a more advanced course.

I am also about to start a TEFL Engilsh language teaching course, and at the moment I teach English privately in my spare time ( of which there is not a lot). I am single although I was married for a number of years in my twenties

My hobbies include Reading, Dj'ing Deep House & Techno ( not the hands in the air rubbish, the deeper thoughtful kind) I also enjoy Cycling and Ice Hockey.

I have worked as an Hotel Bar Manager and as a Record Shop Manager, I also ran my own Night in London for Five years.

I will be posting some poetry on the correct thread.......

Nice to meet you all.....

Jim.
Dont touch my muffin
Digression_jim

Postby dks » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:52 am

WHOOOPPEEEE!!!

I'm not the oldest anymore!! Thank you, Jim--and a big welcome to you!!

:lol:
dks
Dante

Postby AhDistinctly » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:46 am

*sigh*

Well, Saturn was nice enough to sticky this thread so we could all see it easily, so I suppose I should step up and say:

AAIIIGH! :oops: I'm the oldest thing out here. Got you passed by three years, Jim. (Welcome, by the way!)

I just got out of grad school a few months ago with a Masters in Library and Information Science with an archives focus, so in addition to being old, I have the most boring-sounding degree!

After school, my brain was still all revved up, but I no longer had something interesting to occupy it, so when I (through an interesting electronic journey) found this site in my hated month of August, I was immediately attracted to the scholarly content and the human passion.

I am given to flashes of brilliance surrounded by long periods of silent introspection. The brilliance will not be seen in this forum, however, as I am a mere sponge, absorbing as much as I can from all of you who have such a passion for Keats.
...perched and sat and nothing more...
AhDistinctly

Postby Credo Buffa » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:36 am

Hey, nothing boring about archives if you ask me, Distinctly. ;)

And I totally sympathize with needing something intellectual to keep your brain engaged. That was a big part of my coming to this forum after graduating as well. Feel free to be as brilliant as you want, because we love that stuff here. :wink:
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous