Page 3 of 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:47 am
by dks
Credo Buffa wrote:Alrighty, here are some images from fabulous Minnesota/Wisconsin:

Image
This is out of a back window at my house during our last big snow storm just last month! That thing on the hook is actually a bird feeder :P You can sort of see some of the pines drooping under the weight of the snow in the background as well. Later that day, one of them actually snapped in half, poor tree :(

Image
This is on the St. Croix river, from the Wisconsin side looking over to the Minnesota side. There's still a little ice on the river (this was taken about two and a half weeks ago).

Image
Another one from the river with some gulls and mallards. The water is high, spilling up over the pavement because of all the melting snow/rain.

Image
From the bluffs overlooking the river valley.

Image
From the car. Marvel at the flatness.


Credo!! I'd die from the cold and the people around me would want to die because of my complaining! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:38 am
by Credo Buffa
dks wrote:Credo!! I'd die from the cold and the people around me would want to die because of my complaining! :lol:

Look at that bottom pic, though. It was probably 80 degrees when I took that picture! Well, maybe not that warm. . . that was last spring, which was a pretty mild one, but it could be 80 degrees in that picture :P

You sound like one of my friends from southern California who talks about being chilled to the bone on a 57 degree day. I responded to that with "I walked to my car in a wet swimming suit on a 40 degree day, then drove home with the windows open, and felt like it was downright tropical."

How's this for giving you chlls?
Image
And that's inside the garage. Mid-afternoon even. . . without windchill factored into it :P :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:55 am
by Saturn
I love you people :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:01 pm
by Fortuna
I thought I might share a piece of the coasts of New South Wales for you all...

Image
Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:50 pm
by dks
Fortuna wrote:I thought I might share a piece of the coasts of New South Wales for you all...

Image
Image


Gorgeous, Fortuna! Is that you in the distance?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:57 pm
by dks
Credo Buffa wrote:
dks wrote:Credo!! I'd die from the cold and the people around me would want to die because of my complaining! :lol:

Look at that bottom pic, though. It was probably 80 degrees when I took that picture! Well, maybe not that warm. . . that was last spring, which was a pretty mild one, but it could be 80 degrees in that picture :P

You sound like one of my friends from southern California who talks about being chilled to the bone on a 57 degree day. I responded to that with "I walked to my car in a wet swimming suit on a 40 degree day, then drove home with the windows open, and felt like it was downright tropical."

How's this for giving you chlls?


Image
And that's inside the garage. Mid-afternoon even. . . without windchill factored into it :P :lol:


Ok, let me put it in perspective, Credo--last night the air conditioner brought the house down to 71 degrees--I had to turn it up to 73!!

I'm half Hispanic and half Lithuanian (I know, who the hell is lithuanian?--my dad! 2nd generation, full blooded!) so one would think since I am half Russian--I'd have a built in cold tolerance--uh, uh...in that regard, my Latin half shines more hotly, for sure... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:34 pm
by Fortuna
dks wrote:Gorgeous, Fortuna! Is that you in the distance?


Yes! Stealing an enchanting moment with the sea :D.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:15 pm
by dks
Fortuna wrote:
dks wrote:Gorgeous, Fortuna! Is that you in the distance?


Yes! Stealing an enchanting moment with the sea :D.


Your avatar looks quite like you. Bonita!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:22 pm
by Saturn
Very evocative pictures Fortuna :shock:

Looks like Haidee waiting for Don Juan to be shipwrecked on the beach :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:36 pm
by dks
Saturn wrote:Very evocative pictures Fortuna :shock:

Looks like Haidee waiting for Don Juan to be shipwrecked on the beach :wink:


Yes, it rather does! Excellent allusion.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:44 pm
by Malia
Love the pics, Fortuna :) What a beautiful place to live--with the poetic, undulating sea right at your fingertips (or should I say toetips? :lol:)

Fortuna, were you the one who owned the bunny named Lord Byron? He is too cute! And I love the name.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:10 pm
by Credo Buffa
dks wrote:Ok, let me put it in perspective, Credo--last night the air conditioner brought the house down to 71 degrees--I had to turn it up to 73!!

Hee hee. Mid 70s is my favorite temperature :D

Those are beautiful pictures, Fortuna! I especially like the rocky cliffs and ocean spray in the second one; it definitely looks like a scene from some great shipwreck!

*misses the sea*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:14 pm
by Malia
Credo Buffa wrote:
dks wrote:Ok, let me put it in perspective, Credo--last night the air conditioner brought the house down to 71 degrees--I had to turn it up to 73!!

Hee hee. Mid 70s is my favorite temperature :D

Those are beautiful pictures, Fortuna! I especially like the rocky cliffs and ocean spray in the second one; it definitely looks like a scene from some great shipwreck!

*misses the sea*


Turn the heat up to 73? I live at 85F in the winter. People say it's like a blast furnace when they open the door to my bedroom ;)

85F has traditionally been my favorite tempature, but lately I'm enjoying the cooler, rainy weather. (I guess I'm starting to become a real Washingtonian!)

I love rainy days when the clouds are varied and blue with rain--those blue rainclouds--the kind that stand out against the gray--I always call "Wordsworthian Skies". The Romantic in me loves their wild, gloomy loveliness :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:19 pm
by Credo Buffa
Malia wrote:Turn the heat up to 73? I live at 85F in the winter. People say it's like a blast furnace when they open the door to my bedroom ;)

Turn up the furnace to 73? Oh no. . . that costs way too much money. We're generally in the upper 60s in my house during the winter.

When things get above 80 I start getting a bit uncomfortable. It's not bad when it's not humid (we had a gorgeous 80 degree day last week because the humidity was only in the teens), but that rarely ever happens. We have heavy, sticky heat around here, the kind where you have to shower twice a day and practically walk around in your underwear to feel comfortable *bleh*.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:20 pm
by Malia
Oh, well we don't have humidity here in the dessert. Not much of it anyway, so 85 isn't nearly as oppressive here as it would be in your neck of the woods, Credo.