Hyperbole of an evening rain (a fragment)

Here you can post YOUR OWN poems, prose, music, or art inspired by the 'Muses nine'.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Hyperbole of an evening rain (a fragment)

Postby Pjerrot » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:38 am

Gentle cleansing drops,
sweet and clear,
bathe the earth tenderly,
a ritual.

So often a sight
for the summer months yet
renewing the soul
with each weeping cloud,

the rain comforts
a parched patch of soil,
the flowers and foliage thankfully
bend low in reverence.

Echoes of thunder too,
fill my ear heartily.

The crack and boom
each time following a
chasing jagged spear
of golden light.

Illuminating the deeper
parts of my soul, the
mid-summer storm's
a prelude to the

deliciousness of the
velvet night.
Ah! I will taste that dew, for me ’tis meet,/And when the moon her pallid face discloses,/I’ll gather some by spells, and incantation.
Pjerrot

Re: Hyperbole of an evening rain (a fragment)

Postby Raphael » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:11 am

Very nice Pjerrot. I like the way you have expressed nature's reactions to rain rather then human ones ( which usually is less happy ones- unless one lives in a dry place like Australia). It reminds me of a documentary I once saw on TV years back. I think it might have been about Table Mountain in South Africa or somehwere in Australia- it had been a time of long drought and when the rainy season came all the animals were ecstatic! Some even seemed to be dancing!
I think it is going to rain here tommorrow- cooled off and going cloudy.The trees will be thirsty by now- not rained here for awhile- had a dry year mostly so far.I've been putting bowls of water out for the birds and squirrels.
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Pjerrot » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:14 am

Thank you, Raphael. I'm especially amazed at plant responses to the rain - on the brink of death, a little bit of water can revitalize an almost withered stem.
I have never felt the connection that many make between rain and sadness. It's the exact opposite: I too, become ecstatic when I see the thunder clouds roll in and the first few drops stain the dry earth. Luckily, we have gotten some rain before our garden had shrivelled and baked into dust. I'll be sending some fresh rain vibes your way! :D
Ah! I will taste that dew, for me ’tis meet,/And when the moon her pallid face discloses,/I’ll gather some by spells, and incantation.
Pjerrot

Postby Raphael » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Thank you, Raphael. I'm especially amazed at plant responses to the rain - on the brink of death, a little bit of water can revitalize an almost withered stem.
I have never felt the connection that many make between rain and sadness. It's the exact opposite: I too, become ecstatic when I see the thunder clouds roll in and the first few drops stain the dry earth. Luckily, we have gotten some rain before our garden had shrivelled and baked into dust.

It smells nice after the rain doesn't it/

I'll be sending some fresh rain vibes your way! :D

Please don't do that LOL! Britain is one of the rainiest islands in the world- last summer it rained almost every day!!! Have you read John's complaints in his letters about the rain? :lol:
The rain is here this afternoon- Mother Jackdaw and Baby don't seem to like it- I can hear them hiding under the eaves of the house squeaking.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Pjerrot » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:57 am

Please don't do that LOL! Britain is one of the rainiest islands in the world- last summer it rained almost every day!!!

I'm sorry! I do now remember you mentioning that in another part of the forum. The rain as an occasional guest is fine however, I don't think I would enjoy it as much if it came almost every day.
I hope your jackdaws are faring well. It is a wonder how birds manage through the weather while seeming so delicate.
Pjerrot

Postby Raphael » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:27 pm

Pjerrot wrote:
Please don't do that LOL! Britain is one of the rainiest islands in the world- last summer it rained almost every day!!!

I'm sorry! I do now remember you mentioning that in another part of the forum. The rain as an occasional guest is fine however, I don't think I would enjoy it as much if it came almost every day.
I hope your jackdaws are faring well. It is a wonder how birds manage through the weather while seeming so delicate.

Those black sunflower seeds must be especially delicious because there was a racket outside my window at 6 am. There was a Magpie going "RAAAAAK!" The two Jackdaws were flying past as if the Magpie had sent them off and the Grey Squirrel was on the Elm tree going "WA WA WAAAAAA!" They appeared to have been fighting over the seeds lol. As I type this the squirrel is here eating the seeds like no tommorrow- it seems to be perpetually hungry!

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Pjerrot » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:15 pm

I understand completely what you mean about the racket... In the summer months our family generally keeps the windows open both day and night. The birds usually wake me up before the clock does!
I've always wanted to see a magpie but none have ventured to our part of the country yet.
Pjerrot

Postby Raphael » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:19 pm

I understand completely what you mean about the racket... In the summer months our family generally keeps the windows open both day and night. The birds usually wake me up before the clock does!

It was the squirrel making the most noise! It has been coming to my window on and off all day- it has a big appetite! I have noticed that grey squirrels have big appetites in general!!

I've always wanted to see a magpie but none have ventured to our part of the country yet.

There are loads of them here!

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby gstormcrow » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:34 pm

Here's "to the deliciousness of the velvet night" so eloquently put.(love that line) You've effectively presented your fragment of "Evening Rain" as one of Earth's many 'moods' which we can relate to. Please continue working on this one - in my opinion, it really is a great start.
I'm in love with Osama's Aunt Sally
gstormcrow

Return to ‘Where’s the Poet? Show him! Show him!’