Page 1 of 1

Love and Heaven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:57 pm
by dks
Since Valentine's Day is so passed and I am miserably late in posting my own lyric ode to the day :oops: , I figured I may as well post this separately--it has some other things going on in it anyway--perhaps not a Valentine's poem...I dunno...*shrug*

Love and Heaven

there’s bliss
in my little boys’
pulsing passions for small, irrelevant joys

there’s an empyrean space in the sea green
center of your blue, beach lather eyes

there’s a Sunday grace
in the plaintive oboe and it’s low attendant—
the upsetting piano,
a cheerless violin’s faint cries
swell and adorn the room
we love in.

there’s a next world in unheard agony,
an ache as lovely as a frenzy of daisies,
blanched and bright in a black loam mound

the uneasy bones of a man, woman or child
love and heaven marooned—
silent in the ground.

Re: Love and Heaven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:43 pm
by Saturn
dks wrote:
there’s an empyrean space in the sea green
center of your blue, beach lather eyes


Dear God I nearly fell off my chair when I read that - a stunningly vivid line :shock:

dks wrote:there’s a next world in unheard agony,
an ache as lovely as a frenzy of daisies,
blanched and bright in a black loam mound


Ditto :shock:

Once again I'm lost on admiration of your work Denise. T
There's so much going on there - so many images bright, beautiful but also dark and full of suspense and danger with always the hint of the erotic. Your work has a depth, a mystery to it which mine has not.

I bow to you once again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:08 am
by dks
:oops: Stephen. You never praise so explicitly... :oops:

Thank you--you're always too kind. That poem came to me while I was sleeping.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:12 am
by Saturn
Explicit praise?

I'm not smart enough to go into detailed analysis.

You're the teacher, not me I just know what I like not why I like it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:38 pm
by dks
Saturn wrote:Explicit praise?

I'm not smart enough to go into detailed analysis.

You're the teacher, not me I just know what I like not why I like it.


No. Not detailed analysis--just that I appreciate your positive comments--hell, I appreciate that you read the damn thing!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:45 pm
by Saturn
I really look forward to reading your poems; you know that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:10 pm
by dks
Saturn wrote:I really look forward to reading your poems; you know that.


Yes, dear--you've said so. :oops: