Page 1 of 1

On approaching my 27th year...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:48 pm
by Saturn
This is just a bit of stream-of-conciousness random rambling really.

__________
I begin to wonder,
Stand on my heels
And look above,
Around and below;
Wondering, sighing
For the meaning
That eludes us.

If this is all...this
Is enough for me.
Don't knock, don't
Batter my door down
On Judgement Day -
Don't wake me from
That sleep I'm owed.

Saturn's sickle sharp
Harvests all those crops
That mankind yields
Eventuallly...

Eventually...
All will fall, will drop, float
Like leaves, pregnant
With eternity; ripe and
For the taking.

What does it matter
If you don't make
The cut this time?
As if you can cower
In the fields forever.
Foolish...

You think fieldmice
Will shelter you
In their burrows?

Get out there,
Stand up tall
And welcome
The culling;
And remember:
You too once
Walked high
In golden fields,
Verdant, swelling
With life and hope
In the noonday sun.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:08 am
by dks
:shock:

Another Saturnian gem. I love the last stanza, good man.

This is lovely, indeed:

You too once
Walked high
In golden fields,
Verdant, swelling
With life and hope
In the noonday sun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:08 am
by dks
When will you be 27, Stephen?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:29 am
by Saturn
Ah that would be telling :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:38 am
by Saturn
dks wrote::shock:

This is lovely, indeed:

You too once
Walked high
In golden fields,
Verdant, swelling
With life and hope
In the noonday sun


That's the only part of it I like really the rest isn't up to much at all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:30 pm
by dks
Saturn wrote:That's the only part of it I like really the rest isn't up to much at all.


Are you kidding? This is equally brilliant:

Saturn's sickle sharp
Harvests all those crops
That mankind yields
Eventuallly...

Eventually...
All will fall, will drop, float
Like leaves, pregnant
With eternity; ripe and
For the taking.


You're a poet--accept it.

Well, deduction would serve me here--you're a Libra, so your birthday would be anywhere between Sept. 23 and Oct. 22--thereabouts--I think you mentioned you had a birthday in October, so...anywhere between Oct. 1 and Oct. 22--hmmmm. A birthday in October--like Keats... :shock: :shock: :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:29 pm
by Malia
dks wrote:
Saturn wrote:That's the only part of it I like really the rest isn't up to much at all.


Are you kidding? This is equally brilliant:

Saturn's sickle sharp
Harvests all those crops
That mankind yields
Eventuallly...

Eventually...
All will fall, will drop, float
Like leaves, pregnant
With eternity; ripe and
For the taking.


You're a poet--accept it.

Well, deduction would serve me here--you're a Libra, so your birthday would be anywhere between Sept. 23 and Oct. 22--thereabouts--I think you mentioned you had a birthday in October, so...anywhere between Oct. 1 and Oct. 22--hmmmm. A birthday in October--like Keats... :shock: :shock: :oops:


But Keats was a scorpio so he doesn't count ;)