The random ramblings thread

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby Credo Buffa » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:37 pm

dks wrote:*cheesy comment alert*

:lol:
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:45 pm

**tududh ching**

"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:27 am

:lol: :lol:

You guys crack me up...
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Malia » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:18 pm

I have to admit, I'm not too familiar with McAvoy--in fact I've never seen him in any film before and have only known him through the pictures you guys post on this board--however, I was able to check him out at last night's Oscars as he was a presenter and I can absolutely see (now that I've seen him animated and not just in a picture) how he could play the role of Keats. He has that certain something. Although, he'd totally have to shift his accent for the role. But hmmm. . .Keats with a thick Scottish accent would be pretty hillarious, though, when I come to think on it. :lol:
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:22 pm

Mr. McAvoy does accents very well, so I'm sure that'd be no sweat for him. Though lucky for him (and us) his natural accent is so beautifully Scottish. :oops: :D

Have you seen the recent Narnia film, Malia? He plays Mr. Tumnus in it.
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby dks » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:37 pm

Our Jimmy McAvoy does a lovely London accent...perfect...watch him in Starter for 10. It's fantastic... :wink:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Malia » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:44 pm

Credo Buffa wrote:Have you seen the recent Narnia film, Malia? He plays Mr. Tumnus in it.

No, I haven't. I must admit that I am not really very knowledgable about movies--I only watched two this year, The Queen and The Devil Wears Prada (both pretty good flicks). I don't generally spend upwards of $7.00--for a matinee!--unless I'm absolutely convinced it will be a great show. Otherwise, I wait for video and even then I don't rent or buy those too often. But maybe I'll make an exception for Mr. McAvoy. ;)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:59 pm

You WILL enjoy it, guaranteed Malia :D

I loved all those Narnia books as a child and read them all over and over again so I had to see the movie, even if it was going to be rubbish - luckily it was not.

He's quite good in it.

If you like harry Potter and all that magic stuff you'll love this. It's real escapist be-a-kid-again for two hours kind of fun :D
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:24 pm

So, after Denise has reminded us all about the glories of YouTube, I thought I'd share a few gems (*wink, wink*) that I've found with y'all. . . especially for Malia, since she's clearly deprived. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o4I2bhpn9w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx8-lP0DHy4 (the synch between the picture and sound is a bit funky, but I had to pick it out anyway because Catherine Tate is in it as well)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhc0_Rhbdiw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB4RqlH_HNw
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:49 pm

:lol:

No more voice recording this week I've got a chest infection.

Damn I need to stop smoking :oops:

I have no willpower :oops:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:34 pm

Credo Buffa wrote:
Malia wrote:Wow, Credo--you have wonderful "mini-obsessions"--I mean, your subject matter is high quality, Mozart and ballet.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with football and tea and movies! During the baseball season I'm all over my team (got another forum all lined up for that, even). In the past I've gone on such binges as: Eva Peron, early NASA space exploration, life and times of F. Scott Fitzgerald, 19th century photography, Bollywood music, tall ships. . . Basically if someone or something piques my interest, I'll go for it.

Credo, I know this is an older post, but as I re-read it I just noticed that one of your little obsessions is Bollywood. My brother Dan and sister-in-law Molly (and cousin Beth) are all seriously into Bollywood movies and music. In fact, Dan and Molly actually lip-synched to a Bollywood song during their wedding reception (it was hillarious). And someone gave Molly a Bollywood dance workout video as a gift. . .again, totally hillarious. But the movies I've seen are pretty fun to watch. Bollywood is kind of manic-depressive though in that the movies are either really great or reaallly terrible!
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:38 am

Definitely. I admit I've not seen many Bollywood movies (I have a friend who got very into them after having some Indian roommates in college, so basically everything I've seen came from her), but I definitely enjoy the music and know what you mean by their being so amusing! Even the really brilliant ones (Lagaan comes to mind--this was actually nominated for the Best Foreign Film Oscar a few years ago) have their moments.

Anyway, this is a song that I'm totally in love with right now. The scene in the movie (which I haven't seen but for this bit) is pretty cool too. And, of course, it features Shahrukh Khan. :wink: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-7tQOAIUZY
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:46 pm

You think you know someone, you trust them as a friend, treat them like your own brother and then they turn into someone else and cast you aside for no reason...

Sorry rant over I'm in a bit of a bitter mood tonight :cry: :cry: :cry:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:22 am

Credo Buffa wrote:Definitely.
Anyway, this is a song that I'm totally in love with right now. The scene in the movie (which I haven't seen but for this bit) is pretty cool too. And, of course, it features Shahrukh Khan. :wink: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-7tQOAIUZY

Are you a Shahrukh fan? :lol: My sister-in-law just loves him. Well, she used to at any rate until he played a jerky character in one film that was made in New York (can't remember the name of it, but I saw the movie and it was baaaad :lol: ). I have to admit, he really gets you 'right here' when he plays the guy with the heart defect (again, can't remember the movie's name, but it is a really famous Bollywood movie). I like a different Bollywood hero--I think his name is Abachek? He's a real hottie and a pretty darned good actor, too, but absolutely a real hottie ;) I'll have to check out your youtube link --it would make a great study break!
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:32 am

Credo, just had a look at your youtube link and wow! Shahrukh looks so young there--that must have been done a few years ago, right? The song has a great beat (as most Bollywood songs do!). I sort of anticipated his getting smacked in the back of the head by some low-hanging branch or something as he danced around on top of that train, though! :lol:
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous