Happy News

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby Malia » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:30 am

I am happy to report that I just got my first paper back from my first class in the Master's program and I received an A! Huzzah :)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:56 am

Malia wrote:I am happy to report that I just got my first paper back from my first class in the Master's program and I received an A! Huzzah :)

HUZZAH!! 'Atta girl, Miss Malia! I never doubted you'd get any other grade!! :wink:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:47 am

Congratulations Malia :D :D

I'm sure it was well deserved.

Keep up the good work :P
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby AhDistinctly » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:53 pm

dks wrote:Yes, my angle is pretty formless right now, but it's having to do with Clarke's Academy and its direct influence on Keats's life and work. I think since I went back into the classroom, I sort of gravitated toward his education and its profound, reverberating effects on him. My directing professor told me to begin researching 19th C. private schools (like Harrow). Trouble is, I'm having problems finding handy information about Clarke's. The biographers only dedicate a handful of pages to the school--perhaps because it's closed and there is not a fidgeting plethora of information out there on it? I have resolved to visit Enfield when I go to London in January. I'll be going to Dublin, too, for a couple of days. I'll be researching. Any info any of you have in the way of book recs would be damned helpful.

I've been thinking about this, Denise. Most schools, when they close, move their documents/archives to another institution. A few well-placed questions to archivists in the area may give you some of the information you desire. And as a researcher, you may be able to get access to the archives and study the docs first-hand. Just a thought.
...perched and sat and nothing more...
AhDistinctly

Postby AhDistinctly » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:57 pm

Malia wrote:I am happy to report that I just got my first paper back from my first class in the Master's program and I received an A! Huzzah :)

Woo hoo! Great news Malia.

Now, only about 20 more to go! :wink:
...perched and sat and nothing more...
AhDistinctly

Postby dks » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:09 pm

AhDistinctly wrote:I've been thinking about this, Denise. Most schools, when they close, move their documents/archives to another institution. A few well-placed questions to archivists in the area may give you some of the information you desire. And as a researcher, you may be able to get access to the archives and study the docs first-hand. Just a thought.

Thank you for the sage advice, AD!! If this works, I'll find you and kiss you! 8) :wink:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Malia » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:03 pm

Wow, here's another great thread that hasn't been updated in quite some time! Does anyone have any good news to report? It certainly doesn't have to be monumental, just good :) I've heard that "like attracts like" and that good news and good vibes build on eachother to turn negative energy around. I'm a firm believer that this is true. So, good news. . .well, the weather is starting to show signs of spring, my mom is nearly completely healed from a recent bout with pneumonia and oh, yes, how could I forget! my car passed its emmissions control test :lol:

Anyone else have any good news to report?
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:18 pm

I've just had a letter in the post telling me that I've been put on the Standing List for a job I applied for.

I could be working again by next month.

I know I should be happy about that but its a scary thing having to go back to work after two years :?
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:51 pm

Congrats on the potential job opportunity, Saturn. :) I think everyone feels a certain anxiety when starting a new job. I was out of work once for a year before I could land a job and, yes, there was certainly some transition anxiety there but working is well worth that bit of stress, I think. Good luck on landing it!
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:48 am

Thanks Malia, I've definitely got the job it's just a matter of waiting.

It's nothing I'm particularly interested in, it's only dreary clerical work.

I've worked at the same place before and done okay thee but it'll keep me from brooding [a bit maybe] and get me out of the house in the mornings plus a little extra cash, well compared to welfare payments anyhow.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:55 am

Having a job is always a good thing.

My good news? Nothing big either, but I'm finally getting my own Irish flute! I've been playing on a borrowed one for the past few months, and I've finally found a decent instrument that I can more-or-less afford. I also had my first (unexpected) public performance on Irish flute yesterday. It was embarrassing in the extreme because I'm simply not that good yet, but I did listen to the recording of it last night and there was one great moment where I played just about a perfect roll, right in time with the fiddler. So, in spite of a generally crappy performance, there was at least one shining moment. :wink:
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby dks » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:52 pm

Congrats on the job, Saturn!

And congrats on the flute and the performance, Credo!

And Huzzah! on the A, Miss Malia... :!:

See? See what magnificence abounds on this forum!? :wink:
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:44 am

Magnificence? :lol:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:28 am

Yes...magnificence... :P :wink:
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:36 am

Madness more like :wink:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous