Keats Society

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby dks » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:26 am

Fortuna wrote:
dks wrote:Fortuna, a round trip to London from Australia is really $2000? Is that Economy or 1st class, madam?? :? :wink: :lol:

Well how do you expect a girl to travel in anything other than style?! :D

:lol: well it is a very long flight and $2000 is in AUD so that's a little less in US currency.

Fortuna!! You're sooo funny--that is 1st class fare, isn't it?? Too funny!!! :lol: :lol: A gal after my own heart--perhaps I need to learn from you--I'm always looking for the bargain... :lol:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby dks » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:28 am

Credo Buffa wrote:
Saturn wrote:Whoah this is getting serious here - so you guys are really thinking of doing this? :shock:

Well, I for one make no guarantees. I'm a very poor girl right now, and could be anywhere doing anything when this thing finally goes down. If the fates allow and I happen to have a decent job by then, or if the fates are even nicer and I happen to be studying over there, I'm totally there.

If I'm still working for $11/hr and living at home, then not :(

I sure hope it all works out, though! This would (will) be so much fun!!!

'tis ok. Just know I'll be there and anyone who wants/can join me is welcome...in the meanwhile, if I can hook up with about $5000 to pay for everyone's airfare, then we'll talk serious meeting plans... :wink: :lol:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:19 am

Does anyone play the lottery? :?
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Fortuna » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:19 am

dks wrote:Fortuna!! You're sooo funny--that is 1st class fare, isn't it?? Too funny!!! :lol: :lol: A gal after my own heart--perhaps I need to learn from you--I'm always looking for the bargain... :lol:

I'm afraid I kid not Denise! I forgot to mention that $2000 is in fact Economy class :(. First class would set me back $10000. I will try very hard to raise the money so that you won't need to picnic alone under the plum tree :wink:.
"Call’d him soft names in many a mused rhyme,
To take into the air my quiet breath"
Fortuna

Postby Saturn » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:25 am

Fortuna wrote:
dks wrote:Fortuna!! You're sooo funny--that is 1st class fare, isn't it?? Too funny!!! :lol: :lol: A gal after my own heart--perhaps I need to learn from you--I'm always looking for the bargain... :lol:

I'm afraid I kid not Denise! I forgot to mention that $2000 is in fact Economy class :(. First class would set me back $10000. I will try very hard to raise the money so that you won't need to picnic alone under the plum tree :wink:.

Is that $10,000 [1 and 4 zeros?] or are my eyes decieving me? :shock: :shock:

Surely even a first-class flight couldn't cost that much unless it was Concorde?
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Fortuna » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:08 pm

I couldn't believe it myself... had to enter it in twice to be sure. I went to a website where they compile all the varying rates from different airlines so they ranged from roughly $8000-13000. London is about as far as you can go from here :? and a round-the-world airfare is only marginally more than $2000.

I really don't mind though! It's totally worth it to meet you guys :D.
"Call’d him soft names in many a mused rhyme,
To take into the air my quiet breath"
Fortuna

Postby Saturn » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:07 am

I still love this idea in principle.

I could see us all sitting around a table drinking the finest Claret talking Keats, punning etc :D

A dream...a fanciful dream :(
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:14 am

A dream for people with money. :(
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:15 am

Tell me about it :? :(
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:34 pm

Oh, I don't know.

I'll be in Ireland this winter--Miss Malia? Can you make it to the emerald isle? Anyone?

I'll be the ridiculously over excited one emailing and posting telling you guys I'm in Dublin airport waiting... :lol:
dks
Dante

Postby Malia » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:36 pm

dks wrote:Oh, I don't know.

I'll be in Ireland this winter--Miss Malia? Can you make it to the emerald isle? Anyone?

I'll be the ridiculously over excited one emailing and posting telling you guys I'm in Dublin airport waiting... :lol:

I won't be traveling anywhere this year. But I do plan to take one of my classes in Rome/Florence next summer. Sooo. . .if anyone wants to meet up in Rome or Florence for an afternoon or two, I'm game for that :)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:08 pm

The closest I'll get to Rome this year is watching the HBO TV series :?
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:41 am

There's a very slim chance I might be returning to Limerick for my graduation, which I think it either in December or January, but that's pretty unlikely at this point considering that I'm currently in the hole -$30,000. :shock:
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:19 am

:shock:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:27 am

Yup.
Credo Buffa
Lamia

PreviousNext

Return to Keats around the world