The Worm

Here you can post YOUR OWN poems, prose, music, or art inspired by the 'Muses nine'.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby AsphodelElysium » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:19 pm

Oh, I almost forgot, the song they did for "Gone in 60 Seconds," "Painted on my Heart." Loved, loved, loved, that one too.
"Let me not wander in a barren dream,
But, when I am consumed in the fire,
Give me new Phoenix wings to fly at my desire."
AsphodelElysium
Calidore

Postby Saturn » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:32 pm

I can play She Sells Sanctuary on guitar 8)
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby AsphodelElysium » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:59 am

:shock: "We're not worthy, we're not worthy!" (said in "Wayne's World" voice). That's totally cool! :D
AsphodelElysium
Calidore

Postby Saturn » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:23 am

Ah you like Wayne's World and Bill and Ted - my kind of gal 8) :D :lol:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:51 am

Schwing.
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby AsphodelElysium » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:24 am

:lol:
AsphodelElysium
Calidore

Postby Heaven/Hell » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:14 am

AsphodelElysium wrote:Absolutely! My favorite song from that particular album is "Rise." It just gives me chills. I don't know what my overall favorite would be...there are just so many good ones. I am partial to "Wild Hearted Son" and "Rain", but then there is "Love Removal Machine," "Firewoman," and "Sweet Soul Sister"...I don't know if I could pick just one. :lol:

I think you are right, we are a great deal alike. You aren't a Scorpio by any chance are you? :lol:

Unfortunately I'm Sagittarius. Are they compatible?

You're right, there's tons of great Cult songs. "Rise" is awesome, but I prefer "War" from that album. Other songs of theirs I adore and are my 'go-to' songs are "Spiritwalker", "Rain", "Revolution", "Firewoman", "Lil' Devil", plus who could forget "In The Clouds" and "Wild Flower".
"Language has not the power that Love indites: The Soul lies buried in the ink that writes" ~ John Clare
Heaven/Hell
At Parnassus' foot

Postby AsphodelElysium » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:29 pm

Heaven/Hell wrote:
Unfortunately I'm Sagittarius. Are they compatible?

You're right, there's tons of great Cult songs. "Rise" is awesome, but I prefer "War" from that album. Other songs of theirs I adore and are my 'go-to' songs are "Spiritwalker", "Rain", "Revolution", "Firewoman", "Lil' Devil", plus who could forget "In The Clouds" and "Wild Flower".

I really should have anticipated that. I apparently sent out a subconscious request to the collective unconscious last fall. A friend of mine asked what I knew about Sagittarians and I told her not much because I didn't know that many. Ever since then, every other person I've met has been a Sag. :lol:

To answer your question, its a mixed bag. Sometimes Scorps and Sags get along okay and sometimes they don't. Its an elemental thing really, Scorps are water signs, Sags, fire. The two signs share a propensity for revolutionary thought and a love for freedom and travel, but Scorps are more possessive, more demanding, tend toward darker moods. Sags are much more optimistic, and where Scorps keep a close, tight-knit group around them (familiarity being important), Sags are much more social and have a larger circle of aquaintances. Sags are also extremely honest and while Scorps admire a straightshooter, it sometimes wounds the pride and that in itself causes problems because the Scorp won't always say so, they brood over it and make it worse. Water signs in general are more emotional than most and Sags tend more toward the intellectual.

Are you on the cusp at all? I mean, what is the exact day? My sun is currently running through Sagittarius, so I think that helps some. :)

Blake was a Sagittarian also. :wink:

Keats was a Scorpio though.

Anyway, my apologies for writing you a case study. My pet interests get away from me sometimes and I talk on and on and on. If you want to know more you can pm me or something that way I'm not cluttering up the forum with my pseudo-astro bullsh*t.

I love "Lil' Devil," "Wild Flower," and "In the Clouds." Just too many good songs to choose from.
AsphodelElysium
Calidore

Postby dks » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:40 pm

Now. now. I, too, like the 'pseudo-astral bullshit.' I've studied it since I was a kid. It was a science, after all...a beautiful, mystically empyrean science. The day to day projection is mostly commercial ballyhoo, but the study of human tendencies, personality (inner and outer natures and whatnot) via the position of planets and stars at one's birth is poetically fascinating indeed...

I'm a Sag, too, by the way... :wink:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:29 pm

I'm a libran.

Aren't libran's supposed to be more balanced individuals?

I couldn't be less balanced. My moods are like a see-saw, not a set of scales :lol:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby AsphodelElysium » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:58 am

dks wrote:Now. now. I, too, like the 'pseudo-astral bullshit.' I've studied it since I was a kid. It was a science, after all...a beautiful, mystically empyrean science. The day to day projection is mostly commercial ballyhoo, but the study of human tendencies, personality (inner and outer natures and whatnot) via the position of planets and stars at one's birth is poetically fascinating indeed...

I'm a Sag, too, by the way... :wink:

I couldn't have said it better myself. :D I'm deeply interested too in how planetary movements affect nature. The moon and the tides. I know most people find it silly to read horoscopes and such and most of them are bs, but it stands to reason if the planets affect something as vast and impenetrable as the ocean then surely they are going to affect us.

Ah, I thought I detected the sunny Sagittarian optimism. :D It is most welcome, particularly after my bouts of Scorpion brooding.
AsphodelElysium
Calidore

Postby AsphodelElysium » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:56 am

Saturn wrote:I'm a libran.

Aren't libran's supposed to be more balanced individuals?

I couldn't be less balanced. My moods are like a see-saw, not a set of scales :lol:

Yes, but those scales can move backwards and forwards, my dear. I have a bit more experience with Libras than Sagittarians for the simple fact I know more of them. One of my best friends is a Libra and I have a couple of other friends that are also Libras, my younger brother is one, and my ascendent is in Libra (not that it gives me much buffer considering all the planets in my 1st house are in Scorpio). Anyways...

Libras are natural peacemakers and diplomats with a strong dislike for conflict. Don't get me wrong, if there is not another option they will fight, but if there is a middle road, they will find it. Libras are also social, friendly, talkative people, flirts even. They can even be quite sensual. Libra is an air sign, so there is also that generous dose of intellectualism and rationality, though, they are (in my experience) more affectionate and demonstrative than the other two air signs (Aquarius and Gemini). Good moderators, go-betweens, and usually very successful at fielding conflict between two people as long as they don't take sides, but they are generally good at staying neutral. Though, sometimes "peace at any cost" ends up causing more problems than it solves. Libras are also excellent listeners and slow to anger. Can be moody and a bit of a worrier, but that is when the scale tips too far in one direction or another. They don't usually like to let those things show unless it is to someone they trust a great deal. There is usually a good external balance(s) even if the internal one isn't so much. Most of them have been really good people that I have been in contact with.

So, do not fret my pet, you're probably more Libra-like than you know. :D
AsphodelElysium
Calidore

Postby Saturn » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:05 pm

Most of that rings true.

I'm a sucker for horoscopes I always read mine on my google home page and I'd say 8 out of ten times it's pretty accurate.

People mock astrology but for something to have survived for some many thousands of years it may have something in it - who knows?
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby AsphodelElysium » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:12 pm

I read my horoscopes from MySpace and they are usually dead-on, to the point of being creepy. But the ones on Google are good too?
AsphodelElysium
Calidore

Postby Saturn » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:34 pm

Yeah if you use google as a home page you can choose to get daily horoscopes.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to ‘Where’s the Poet? Show him! Show him!’