Charity Trek - I am walking North with Keats!

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Charity Trek - I am walking North with Keats!

Postby keatsbabe » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:26 pm

I thought this notice was so worthy and interesting you all could read and support this.

-Saturn

Hi there

I am currently in training for a charity trek I am planning for June and July next year (2008). I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year and following successful treatment I needed motivation to get fit and wanted to raise money for my favourite charities. What better challenge to take on than the walk Keats and Brown took in 1818! I can't do it all but intend to walk from Lancaster to Dumfries then travel up to Oban and on to Inverness. My love of Keats work has kept me going through some tough times so I am keen to promote his work too. I have the book Walking North with Keats by Carol Kyros Walker but when I write up my experiences, as I intend to do, I want to take a different angle. I find so much of what Keats says has a relevance today and I want to reflect that.

Would this forum be happy to promote the event? If anyone is interested in taking part I would be happy to hear from them. I have set up a website - www.justgiving.com/keatswalk - and if anyone would like to sponsor me that would be fantastic. They have only just gone up so you can be the first! I would love to have some Keats fans motivating me!

Thanks
Suzie Grogan (keatsbabe)
keatsbabe

Postby Saturn » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:03 am

This is very interesting keatsbabe.

A very warm welcome by the way.

I would greatly love to be able to help you financially but alas that is impossible given current circumstances but I would encourage anyone who read this that can to do so.

All I can do is send my support and that of everyone here and I have stickied this and brought it to everyone's attention.

Best wishes with your walk I hope it goes to plan :P

I hope you will share your experiences with us :D
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby keatsbabe » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:36 pm

Hi there

Thanks for this - I appreciate the promo. I have posted on the site before - I put Elijah Wood forward as Keats! Glad someone recently seemed to agree with me, though I appreciate filmgoers would think 'hobbit' which is not an epithet I would want attached to Keats.

I really would appreciate it if people could give even the smallest amount as the causes I am supporting are very worthy ones. (www.justgiving.com/keatswalk) I will be sure to share my experiences with you all. I really like this site, and like you I am really keen that more people should discover and enjoy Keats.

Thanks again
Suzie G (Keatsbabe)
keatsbabe

Re: Charity Trek - I am walking North with Keats!

Postby BrokenLyre » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:23 pm

Nice pics
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Return to Keats around the world