Odes to pscyhe!!

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Odes to pscyhe!!

Postby meoww » Fri May 29, 2009 3:15 am

Hi,

Could i please have a detailed analysis on Ode to Psyche please??

what are some similaraties between ode to psyche and ode on a gercian urn??

Thank you,
meoww

Re: Odes to pscyhe!!

Postby BrokenLyre » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:06 pm

Big Question. ... I recommend Helen Vendler's book "The Odes of John Keats." She will answer your questions thoroughly. I'm not being dismissive here, it's just a really big question and there are books that could help. Or, if you prefer, read a web article on both and compare. Hope this helps!
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Re: Odes to pscyhe!!

Postby dks » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:38 pm

This may be too late a reply to help now, but I have to wholeheartedly agree with Brokenlyre...Helen Vendler's book is amazing! It really is a must for anyone interested in really culling critical-level meaning from the Odes--she is a professor at Harvard--her analysis is easy to read and follow, as well...In short, I second that recommendation.
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Return to Help and Homework