The random ramblings thread

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Re: The random ramblings thread

Postby Credo Buffa » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:24 pm

We interrupt your regularly scheduled randoms for the following announcement:

I JUST BOUGHT MY TICKETS TO SEE BRIGHT STAR TONIGHT!!!!!

We now return you to your ramblings, already in progress.

:D
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:49 pm

Wonderful! Hope you enjoy it Credo and that you will share your thoughts with us [in the Bright Star section, a review perhaps :wink:].
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:03 pm

Awesome, Credo! I am so ready to see this movie I cannot stand it. Glad at least one of us on the forum will have some release tonight :lol:

Please do provide a review; I'm interested to see how it looked from a Keatsian's perspective. I've read a *lot* of reviews online and they are mostly positive (yea!). The views average out to about a B+ or 3 1/2 stars. I've only seen a few pans (D average grade) and one or two A grades and a couple of 4-star reviews.
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:25 pm

Aw, Credo...lucky girl!! I don't think it is even coming my way for the September release--I think I will have to catch it next month :( Please, please, please enjoy it for us and let us know how it fares...!
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby dks » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:18 pm

...well, I was just looking at the release locations for our film, guys. It looks like I won't get to see it at all while in theaters; it is set for limited release only in the USA. The closest place for me is Dallas--and that's far.

I'm not happy about this at all. :x
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Aquarius » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:40 pm

Yes, Bright Star is in very limited release. Only 6 theaters in LA! In total it's only being released in 19 theaters.
Aquarius

Postby Saturn » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:06 pm

*ONLY* 6 in one city, man I'll be lucky if it's playing at all in my country never mind city lol.

If worse comes to worse at least we should all get to see it on DVD.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Aquarius » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:49 pm

There is hope, Saturn, that it may expand to more screens next month. I'll be seeing it on the 3rd of October for the Calgary Film Festival!
It appears to me that almost any man may like the spider spin from his own inwards his own airy citadel.
Aquarius

Postby BrokenLyre » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:54 am

Credo Buffa - I am happy for you! Glad you will see the movie.

I will also see it this Tuesday at 10:00 am. It's playing in one theater in Buffalo NY. My understanding is that it is playing in 39 cities in the US over the next 4 weeks. I can hardly think of anything else these days - I feel like my mind is counting the minutes until this Tuesday.

I found a nice review of the film - from Rolling Stone of all places. If you can check out the link below:

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/mov ... right_star

I was very surprised by this review - from Rolling Stone - but very pleased as well.
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Postby Malia » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:07 am

I've just found out that Bright Star will be here in Spokane for at least one day on October 2. One day after my birthday! This'll definitely be my present to myself :)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby BrokenLyre » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:02 am

That is SUPER-AWESOME Malia!!! What a birthday present!!
So glad you will see it!

I can't sleep tonight... tomorrow's the big day for me to see the movie. I just cry when I see the trailer - esp the International version. I will weep the whole movie perhaps. Sorry folks. I can't help myself.
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Postby Malia » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:34 am

BrokenLyre, I hope you give us a review of the movie--ASAP! LOL (I'm too impatient for my own good. I think I've read about 60 reviews in the last week. Most were positive, a few people thought it was boring--but I have a feeling I'll enjoy the slower pace.)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:22 pm

Oh that's great Malia, my birthday's a few days after wish I could see it then. Hope you enjoy it and share your thoughts with us.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:30 pm

Malia wrote:I've just found out that Bright Star will be here in Spokane for at least one day on October 2. One day after my birthday! This'll definitely be my present to myself :)

That's a colossal birthday gift, Miss Malia!

I am utterly sad that it appears I won't get to see it on the big screen..."sad" doesn't adequately define it... :(
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:15 pm

Aw, that's a shame dks, and it looks like I won't be able to see it here either, unles it's showing in the South of Ireland somewhere, or in England, neither of which I can afford to travel to :-(

Hope it isn't too long to wait for the DVD then.:-)
Saturn
Forum Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous