The random ramblings thread

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Re: The random ramblings thread

Postby AsphodelElysium » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:50 am

Malia wrote:I've just found out that Bright Star will be here in Spokane for at least one day on October 2. One day after my birthday! This'll definitely be my present to myself :)

Sorry, completely off topic, but Malia, your birthday is October 1st? If so, you share it with my baby brother :). Happy Belated Birthday!
"Let me not wander in a barren dream,
But, when I am consumed in the fire,
Give me new Phoenix wings to fly at my desire."
AsphodelElysium
Calidore

Postby Malia » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:30 pm

Yes, AE, my birthday is October 1. It seems a lot of us share that day! My sister-in-law Molly's sister is an Oct.1 baby, too, as is my hairdresser! And a friend of mine's little girl is also and Oct.1 baby. I suppose if you count back nine months, it is not surprising why so many people are born on that day ;)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby BrokenLyre » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Yes, indeed - a very happy birthday to you Malia - and so glad you got to see the movie around it. I was also pleasantly surprised to hear the grading your family and friends gave the movie. Interesting.
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Postby marwood » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:29 am

Hello Saturn,
Wishing you a very happy birthday! :D
Best wishes,
Marwood.
That I might drink, and leave the world unseen.
marwood
At Parnassus' foot

Postby Saturn » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:30 am

Why than you marwood, much appreciated :oops:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Is your birthday today, Saturn?! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a chance to do something fun and get some good pressies!
I may be entirely biased, but I do believe October is the best month of the year--especially for Birthdays :)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Thank you Malia, indeed October people are always the best :wink:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:47 pm

Saturn wrote:Thank you Malia, indeed October people are always the best :wink:

Ugh. I suck. So sorry, good man--Happy belated birthday, Stephen!!!!!!!!!
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby dks » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:50 pm

Saturn wrote:Aw, that's a shame dks, and it looks like I won't be able to see it here either, unles it's showing in the South of Ireland somewhere, or in England, neither of which I can afford to travel to :-(

Hope it isn't too long to wait for the DVD then.:-)

Happy news!! It is showing here in my town for the next two nights only!! I am off to see it tonight with Edward...!! My oldest son has graciously offered to it with his younger brothers--and my littlest has swine flu right now--it had him extremely ill! He is on the mend, however. Thank goodness for Tamiflu...
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby dks » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Malia wrote:Yes, AE, my birthday is October 1. It seems a lot of us share that day! My sister-in-law Molly's sister is an Oct.1 baby, too, as is my hairdresser! And a friend of mine's little girl is also and Oct.1 baby. I suppose if you count back nine months, it is not surprising why so many people are born on that day ;)

Double ugh. Another true testament to my utter and complete lack of awareness these days--I am so sorry, Miss Malia--happy belated birthday to you, as well! :!:
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:12 pm

Thanks for the belated good wishes. Oh dear, I hope your little one gets better soon Denise :( :(
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:15 am

He is better and back on track...he'll be back at school tomorrow--and so will I... :!:
dks
Dante

Postby keatswu » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:54 am

Excuse me, can I ask a question?

I'm a chinese mature student. I enjoy writing chinese ancient poems and reading english poems in my spare time. My english is too awful to write any correct sentences. So I beg your pardon for my bad english here.

However, I'll have some prolblem need your help. I decide my research topic to the study of Keats. So I want to get some documents or texts about him and his works. I bought some books and looked for some informations in a public libary. But it is not enough. Could you tell me where can I get that texts for free? Can I get that on internet? I said "free" because I hadn't VISA card...

Thanks your guys.
keatswu

Postby Saturn » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:59 pm

Depends what type of documents or texts you are looking for. All of the poetry and I'm sure the letters of Keats are available online if you search for them, indeed some of them are posted on this site, but more critical and analytical works, textbooks, journals etc I don't think so. If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to add to this, I'm not qualified to say what is and isn't available; if you know different please help our friend out here.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby keatswu » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:21 pm

Thanks a lot for your rapid replay.

How can I find the move "bright start"? :mrgreen:
keatswu

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous