need some guidance please!

BEFORE you post a request for help concerning study assignments or research papers here , PLEASE check with the SEARCH ENGINE above to see if there's already a thread on the subject.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

need some guidance please!

Postby theqtpie » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:30 pm

I just wrote a literary anaylsis compare and contrast paper on keats and the two poems ode to a nightingale and ode on a grechian urn. it was a really good paper a little over 2000 words. now i have got to do a research paper on Keats and have to use different works by him. my last paper was on symbolism and imagery, mortality vs immortality. so can anyone suggest which works i should use i am thinking of doing the same type of paper just with more sources as i did on the nightingale and urn odes.
The poems i have been considering are:
Lamia
Ode to Psyche
Endymion
To Autumn
The Eve of St. Agnes
La Belle Dame sans Merci
The Fall of Hyperion
I always make good grades on my papers and have a 98% in class college comp II right now but i have very little time to knock this paper out so any suggestions or ideas will help alot.
On which poem or which two poems to use and any key themes or points i should focus the paper on. I appreciate your thoughts
Thanks so much!
theqtpie

Re: need some guidance please!

Postby theqtpie » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Any one have any ideas at all?? I really could use some opinions and direction and then i can go from there. Please help me!
Thanks! :idea: :idea: :D
theqtpie

Postby BrokenLyre » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:39 am

What is the exact purpose for your paper? What is the objective? You need to clarify this first. Please state the exact purpose or nature of your research paper. I felt your email was ambiguous.
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Postby Raphael » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:00 pm

If you can tell us the theme or title then we can suggest poems to you. What is it for- are you a university student?
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Ennis » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:56 pm

BrokenLyre wrote:What is the exact purpose for your paper? What is the objective? You need to clarify this first. Please state the exact purpose or nature of your research paper. I felt your email was ambiguous.

I agree with BrokenLyre about your theme, or thesis.
A possible suggestion might be to trace the role of Keats's women in his poetry -- maybe starting with "poor, simple Isabelle" and ending with Moneta (a Goddess, but a woman none the same!!) from the last Hyperion. You certainly could do lots of comparing and contrasting.
Good luck!
"But if you will fully love me, though there may be some fire, 'twill not be more than we can bear when moistened and bedewed with Pleasures." JK to FB 08.07.1819
Ennis
Calidore

Return to Help and Homework