People not in Bright Star

Join in the discussion of the 2009 film Bright Star.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

People not in Bright Star

Postby Raphael » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:54 am

Who would you have liked to have seen in the film? I'd like to have seen Haydon so we could have seen John's generosity.. :D
Also Abbey so we could have seen John's money worries in a deeper context and his sister as she was so important to him and it would have been nice to have seen the friendship that Fanny B showed to her by writing her letters. And of course George.
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Re: People not in Bright Star

Postby Cybele » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:32 pm

Raphael wrote:Who would you have liked to have seen in the film? I'd like to have seen Haydon so we could have seen John's generosity.. :D

As important as his siblings were to him, I would like to have seen, of course, George & Fanny Keats. More of Tom would have been good, too. I remember George reporting that no one understood John and his moods so well as Tom did.
"The philosopher proves that the philosopher exists. The poet merely enjoys existence."
Wallace Stevens
Cybele
Calidore

Postby Raphael » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Yes, i'd like to have seen much more of Tom and how John cared for him in Well Walk.
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby BrokenLyre » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:54 am

I concur....much more of John with his brothers and some time writing to or talking to Fanny Keats would have been great.
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Return to BRIGHT STAR