Who are you? Introduce yourself

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Re: Who are you? Introduce yourself

Postby Raphael » Tue May 18, 2010 3:34 pm

welcome moonflower! Nice to have a new member1 Have a look at the threads and reply as you wish- it doesn't matter if they are old- new people bring new life to them! :D
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Malia » Tue May 18, 2010 6:16 pm

I add my welcome to the others', Moonflower :) It's wonderful to have you on the forum.
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby moonflower » Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 pm

I thank you for your warm welcomes!
moonflower

Postby Pjerrot » Mon May 24, 2010 3:55 am

Hello,

My interest in Keats began a couple of years ago when I happened upon "Ode to a Nightingale." The imagery was almost palpable and quite satisfying when compared to many other poets I had read. Since that time, I have delved more into Keats' works and will continue to share my joy of his poetry.

I profess a strong love for music, poetry, and the arts in general, but chiefly identify as a composer of music. I am quite eclectic in my tastes and habit but strive for some sense of normalcy within: I surely must not belong to this age. That aside, those who do not know me well simply brush me off as shallow and a bore; it is my hope that many here will find otherwise.

moonstruck,
Pjerrot
Ah! I will taste that dew, for me ’tis meet,/And when the moon her pallid face discloses,/I’ll gather some by spells, and incantation.
Pjerrot

Postby Raphael » Mon May 24, 2010 3:22 pm

My interest in Keats began a couple of years ago when I happened upon "Ode to a Nightingale." The imagery was almost palpable and quite satisfying when compared to many other poets I had read. Since that time, I have delved more into Keats' works and will continue to share my joy of his poetry.

Hello Pjerrot. I'm beginning to think Ode To A Nightingale is his most popular poem- quite a few people on this forum have said it was the one that made them notice John and his poetry.
It is a great great poem- so it's not surprising.

I profess a strong love for music, poetry, and the arts in general, but chiefly identify as a composer of music. I am quite eclectic in my tastes and habit but strive for some sense of normalcy within: I surely must not belong to this age. That aside, those who do not know me well simply brush me off as shallow and a bore; it is my hope that many here will find otherwise.
moonstruck,
Pjerrot

I know what you mean about not belonging to this age...
I bet you are not a bore- keep posting Pjerrot.I look forward to sharing my love of this wonderful poet with you!
What music do you like? I listen mostly to folk ( Eddi Reader especially) and Classical, not much into pop these days with the exception of Sigur Ros.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Pjerrot » Mon May 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Hello, Raphael. Thank you for welcoming me into the forum.

My musical tastes generally fixate upon music written before this century, but I'll give anything at least one good listen. When it comes to classical music, I simply have too many favorite composers to name them all here. At the moment, I'm finding myself listening to a great deal of countertenor Philippe Jaroussky's work. As for more modern stuff, Stephen Sondheim and Philip Glass my main favorites. And I do occasionally listen to Norwegian folk music to satiate the Norse blood in me.
Ah! I will taste that dew, for me ’tis meet,/And when the moon her pallid face discloses,/I’ll gather some by spells, and incantation.
Pjerrot

Postby Raphael » Tue May 25, 2010 3:11 am

Pjerrot wrote:Hello, Raphael. Thank you for welcoming me into the forum.

My musical tastes generally fixate upon music written before this century, but I'll give anything at least one good listen. When it comes to classical music, I simply have too many favorite composers to name them all here. At the moment, I'm finding myself listening to a great deal of countertenor Philippe Jaroussky's work. As for more modern stuff, Stephen Sondheim and Philip Glass my main favorites. And I do occasionally listen to Norwegian folk music to satiate the Norse blood in me.

How interesting- have you got Norwegian heritage?

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Pjerrot » Tue May 25, 2010 3:25 am

I'm quite Norwegian -- about a quarter I think.
Pjerrot

Postby Raphael » Tue May 25, 2010 3:27 am

Pjerrot wrote:I'm quite Norwegian -- about a quarter I think.

That's cool- I think Norway is a beautiful and interesting country.I was trying to teach myself Norwegian last year lol

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Pjerrot » Tue May 25, 2010 3:32 am

Yes, I imagine it to be quite beautiful from the resources on the web and I someday wish to go there. It seems quite ethereal. As for learning the Norwegian language, the diacritical marks alone worry me!
Pjerrot

Postby Raphael » Tue May 25, 2010 3:51 am

Pjerrot wrote:Yes, I imagine it to be quite beautiful from the resources on the web and I someday wish to go there. It seems quite ethereal. As for learning the Norwegian language, the diacritical marks alone worry me!

I have to admit I don't know what diacritical marks are but I didn't find it a hard language- I was getting along with it well- it is much easier than French.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Pjerrot » Tue May 25, 2010 4:04 am

I believe diacritical marks are the dots, lines, and accents above letters, I may be wrong. I wouldn't know about French though, aside from some musical directions in French piano music.
Pjerrot

Postby Raphael » Tue May 25, 2010 4:08 am

Pjerrot wrote:I believe diacritical marks are the dots, lines, and accents above letters, I may be wrong. I wouldn't know about French though, aside from some musical directions in French piano music.

Oh those marks are very helpful- shows you the vowel sounds.
French is much harder than Norwegian grammatically.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby harvest » Mon May 31, 2010 3:32 am

welcome to moonflower & pjerrot!
Now a soft kiss - Aye, by that kiss, I vow an endless bliss. ~ j. keats
harvest

Postby Cowden » Mon May 31, 2010 1:54 pm

Hello everyone,
Just thought I'd post a quick "hello" on this thread aswell.

Cheers,
Cowden
I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest. -John Keats
Cowden

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous