The John Keats forum LIVE IM chat thread.

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

The John Keats forum LIVE IM chat thread.

Postby Saturn » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:28 pm

So as per the title, whoever wishes to join in the proposed IM chat, add your names and your timezones and maybe we can work something out which might just suit everyone.
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Re: The John Keats forum LIVE IM chat thread.

Postby Cybele » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:19 pm

I'm in the Eastern Standard/Daylight time zone.

Dumb question: Will we all need to have the same IM software?
"The philosopher proves that the philosopher exists. The poet merely enjoys existence."
Wallace Stevens
Cybele
Calidore

Postby Malia » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:23 am

I'm on Pacific Coast time (I think that is -8 hours GMT, which would mean we are 8 hours behind London time. Not quite sure how daylight savings time figures into this. . .)
Anyway, I can get onto IM through iChat, yahoo, and AIM. Looking forward to chatting with everyone :)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Raphael » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:52 am

I'm on GMT time and have yahoo and MSN IMs.
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Ennis » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi, Everyone,

I'm on Eastern Standard Time and have access IM. But that's all I know. Do we need some sort of special programs . . . ? I'm awfully computer-illiterate, as you all should know by now, so any additional info that will make this all possible will surely be helpful (although my preference is to meet face-to-face somewhere in London, predferably Hampstead, or hell, I'll settle for somewhere in Moorfields . . .).
"But if you will fully love me, though there may be some fire, 'twill not be more than we can bear when moistened and bedewed with Pleasures." JK to FB 08.07.1819
Ennis
Calidore

Postby Raphael » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Ennis wrote:Hi, Everyone,

I'm on Eastern Standard Time and have access IM. But that's all I know. Do we need some sort of special programs . . . ? I'm awfully computer-illiterate, as you all should know by now, so any additional info that will make this all possible will surely be helpful (although my preference is to meet face-to-face somewhere in London, predferably Hampstead, or hell, I'll settle for somewhere in Moorfields . . .).

Ennis it is pretty easy to use IM- the only prob I have is that I cannot type fast so I'm always behind lol
You only have to have an account with one of them eg Yahoo or MSN. It's just like email only live- you type in the box and then the other person types back.
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Postby Cybele » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi, Ennis --
Haven't heard from you in a few days!
And we'll get this time zone/IM/live chat-thing worked out yet!
"The philosopher proves that the philosopher exists. The poet merely enjoys existence."
Wallace Stevens
Cybele
Calidore

Postby Ennis » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Cybele --

School's out for summer (sounds like a verse from an old Alice Cooper song, if you're old enough to remember!! [ha!]), so I have to use my brother's computer. I hope we are all able to get something worked out; it IS so cool to be able to "talk" to fellow lovers of Keats. Sometimes I think I'm the only nutcase in the world. . . (no insult there, believe me!!)
"But if you will fully love me, though there may be some fire, 'twill not be more than we can bear when moistened and bedewed with Pleasures." JK to FB 08.07.1819
Ennis
Calidore

Postby Cybele » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Ennis wrote:Cybele --

School's out for summer (sounds like a verse from an old Alice Cooper song, if you're old enough to remember!! [ha!]), so I have to use my brother's computer. I hope we are all able to get something worked out; it IS so cool to be able to "talk" to fellow lovers of Keats. Sometimes I think I'm the only nutcase in the world. . . (no insult there, believe me!!)

I definitely remember Alice Cooper -- actually he's a little "young" for me. :) I remember one happy June afternoon many years back -- the last day of school for the year -- when my husband & I joined a bunch of teacher friends in a local bar usually frequented by college students. After a rousing chorus of "School's Out for Summer" I thought we were about to be kicked out. It turned out that the bar's staff members were laughing themselves silly over our collective inability to carry a tune. (And none of us were drunk. :) )

But seriously, I was very happy to have found this forum, too. I have friends who like Keats, but none of them are as rabid about him as I am.
Wallace Stevens
Cybele
Calidore

Postby harvest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:14 am

est here, would love to chat!
Now a soft kiss - Aye, by that kiss, I vow an endless bliss. ~ j. keats
harvest

Postby Keats9264 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:08 am

keats9264 here, add me for East coast time zone. I gotta get another handle! LOL I am known as Keats on my other blogs!
Keats9264

Postby Keats9264 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:43 am

so did anything come of this? I just set up a board on HQ Forums and embedded a live chat board. Can you do that here?
Keats9264

Postby Cybele » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:05 am

I don't think this ever got off the ground, Keats9264, but I know I am still interested, and I'd be willing to bet many on this forum will still be interested, too.

(I think we need someone who is more organized than yours truly to pull this together. Hint. . . Hint. . ,.)
Wallace Stevens
Cybele
Calidore

Postby Saturn » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:05 pm

The problem lies mainly in time zones and or people willing to organise amongst themselves. Most of the interest appears to have been from those of you on the other side of the Atlantic pond and I might I suggest that those who wish to participate in some kind of live Keats discussion contact one another through private message and swap details of IM user-names, email addresses etc. and perhaps in this thread update us on the progress and invite anyone else who wishes to take part to contact those involved.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Did anyone do this?
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Next

Return to Keats around the world