Recording Keats Poems and Letters

Here you can post YOUR OWN poems, prose, music, or art inspired by the 'Muses nine'.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby Saturn » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:00 am

Here's Credo's wonderful musical depiction of Ode To a Nightingale:

http://storeandserve.com/download/143132/11_-Credo_Buffa_-_Ode_To_A_Nightingale.wma.html

Click the link then go to the grey box on the right-hand side marked 'Download'.

Next scroll down until you see 'Download Now' in orange - click the link below that.

This link should remian there as long as is needed :)
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:37 am

Hmm. . .there is no grey box marked download. There are big orange letters that say "download file" but they are not linked to anything nor is the file name, itself. I can't for the life of me figure out what to do here. :?
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:40 am

Can you see this on your screen

Download This File Now:
[Add to My Favorite Downloads]

:?:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:45 am

No--I can't see that. I wonder if it is because I have a Mac and don't have the correct software to open the file. The files you put on the other website all opened themselves with quicktime.
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:50 am

I'm not familiar with macs so maybe they work totally differently for downloading.
:?
I could e-mail you the track just to make sure you finally hear it :D
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:48 am

Saturn wrote:I could e-mail you the track just to make sure you finally hear it :D

That would be totally cool. But it needs to be an MP3 or Quicktime file--I can't open Windows Media Player files. Thanks for the help, Saturn! :)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Despondence » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:28 am

Malia, and other macolytes: with this http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv_download.htm plugin, Safari, QT, and other browsers on the mac (e.g. Firefox) can play wmv files. Alternatively, to convert audio from almost any formt to any other, here's a nice free app called Switch: http://www.nch.com.au/switch/. Good luck :)
Despondence

Postby Saturn » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:41 pm

Despondence wrote:Alternatively, to convert audio from almost any formt to any other, here's a nice free app called Switch: http://www.nch.com.au/switch/. Good luck :)

I'll try that Despondence thanks :D
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:46 pm

I've converted Credo's piece to MP3 and added it to the Putfile site

http://www.putfile.com/saturn1

Enjoy.

And if anyone wants to record any more little readings, send them to me by e-mail [you can e-mail me from my profile page] and I will put them on the site for all to hear.

I might also add some little pieces of my own music and other bits of interest too.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Fortuna » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:46 pm

What a fantastic idea! I really enjoyed listening to all those files but sadly I can't seem to play yours Saturn, on the Putfile website. The other files like Malia's readings and Credo's composition played but when I opened up your readings, they refused to start. These compatibility issues are such a pain. Maybe I'll give them another go from a friend's place over the weekend.

I would be thrilled to record some of my own readings too as long as my Australian accent doesn't detract too much from the beautiful imagery Keats writes :D.
Fortuna

Postby Saturn » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:15 pm

Fortuna wrote:
I would be thrilled to record some of my own readings too as long as my Australian accent doesn't detract too much from the beautiful imagery Keats writes :D.

Don't be daft - I'd love to hear your readings - none of us here have BBC 'standard' English accents :lol:

I'm not sure why those files didn't work for you :?

Everyone else's seem to work but mine :shock:

It's a conspiracy :evil:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:48 pm

Fortuna wrote:I would be thrilled to record some of my own readings too as long as my Australian accent doesn't detract too much from the beautiful imagery Keats writes :D.

Please do! It would be totally awesome. And, like Sev--oh my gosh, I almost called you "Severn" Saturn! :lol: Eeek, where is my brain this morning??--like SATURN said--none of us are professional readers. (Well, I'm paraphrasing you there, Saturn. :wink: ) We're just real folks who like Keats's poetry--and like to share it. :D
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Fortuna » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:01 pm

I've sent a small file of my reading of Ode to a Nightingale (stanza vi) to Saturn... but I also sent it to a friend of mine who cracked up with my accent so there you go, I do not exaggerate. :oops:
"Call’d him soft names in many a mused rhyme,
To take into the air my quiet breath"
Fortuna

Postby Saturn » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:54 pm

Did you send a new version to me Fortuna?

If so, it didn't reach me :?
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:09 am

Thanks for posting the mp3, Despondence :) I've been wanting to put one up for awhile, but my software hasn't been working.

And I've been enjoying your colorful array of accents, Saturn :wink: This Putfile thing is pretty slick, being able to play everything right from the site and all. . . but it seems that there's something funky going on with some of the longer ones, like they skip around and/or only play segments.
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

PreviousNext

Return to ‘Where’s the Poet? Show him! Show him!’