Oddest plant pot?

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Oddest plant pot?

Postby Raphael » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:49 pm

I was at the local community polytunnel where they give out free plants, flowers, seeds etc yesterday. It is once a month. In July they had asked folks to bring along something unusual to pot in and there would be a tenner in it for the most unusual. Well, I was ill that day and had nothing unusual to bring anyhow. A woman I know was rambling on about this and that and I didn't take much notice til she was going on about the complete works of Lord Byron and then I said eh what and she showed me that someone had hollowed the book out and planted flowers in it LOL. :lol:
She was saying fancy doing that to Byron's book and thought he might not be pleased if he saw that. I said that he was a romantic poet so maybe he liked flowers ha ha. She then said he was the greatest romantic poet and I said oh no he wasn't and that John Keats was heh heh.
Funny thing was i had walked past that table loads of times and not noticed the flowers were in Lord Byron's book!
John....you did not live to see-
who we are because of what you left,
what it is we are in what we make of you.

Peter Sanson, 1995.
Raphael
Milton

Return to Miscellaneous