10 years...

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Re: 10 years...

Postby Cybele » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:27 pm

I love this forum! And I do appreciate your efforts, Saturn!
Since activity has slowed, I only visit a couple of times a week. I don't post unless I actually have something to say. And sometimes what I have to say isn't so profound, but I do love reading others' thoughts and insights.

And changes in my life in the last 10 years? Hokey smokes! In one of those calendar years, my oldest daughter got married and left the country, my middle daughter graduated from college and left town, and my youngest graduated from high school and left for an out-of-town college. This made us instant empty-nesters. This was nice while it lasted.

Then middle-kid (Why is it *always* the middle kid?) boomeranged on us with her twins.

I also retired.

Somewhere in there, I discovered this wonderful forum. So -- oh yeah. My life has changed. :lol:
"The philosopher proves that the philosopher exists. The poet merely enjoys existence."
Wallace Stevens
Cybele
Calidore

Postby BrokenLyre » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:27 am

I fully agree....I need this Forum -

It is one of the few portals in my life that provides a sense of Transcendence from the mundane aspects of life.
I can not overstate how important that is to me. Thank you Saturn!
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Postby Saturn » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:05 pm

No problem guys, I am merely the shepherd of you good folks, a conduit for your musings.
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby marwood » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:30 am

You are doing a great job Saturn and have been for ten years!
I always 'pop in' and see what's gong on.
Life does seem busy, exhausting, and quite an emotional roller coaster at times.
It's comforting to find there are beautiful people in the world, who have a love of beauty.
Hard to believe sometimes watching the news.
Love to you all!
That I might drink, and leave the world unseen.
marwood
At Parnassus' foot

Postby BrokenLyre » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:41 pm

I so agree marwood. Keats is a wonderful "respite of transcendence" for me and this Forum gives me a bit more access to that.
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous