Recording Keats Poems and Letters

Here you can post YOUR OWN poems, prose, music, or art inspired by the 'Muses nine'.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby Malia » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:18 pm

Despondence,
I've sent several audio files to Saturn and here's what I do:
1. You can find his e-mail address in his profile (just click on his name whereever he's posted and you'll find a link to the e-mail address)

2. Create your audiofiles in MP3 format

3. Attach files to e-mail addressed to Saturn and then send it to him.

I've been able to attach upwards of 3 MP3 files at a time with no problem. And as far as Saturn tells me, he's been able to receive all of my files without problem.
So, it should work for you, too, I'd guess :)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Despondence » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:02 pm

Malia wrote:Despondence,
I've sent several audio files to Saturn and here's what I do:
1. You can find his e-mail address in his profile (just click on his name whereever he's posted and you'll find a link to the e-mail address)

Are you sure? I used to be able to see people's emails, but no more (not even my own). Now it just says "Send email" and I'm directed to a web-mail application.

That's fine, I'm just descending into madness, nothing to worry about.
Despondence

Postby Despondence » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:10 pm

Well frack that.

Saturn - check you pm, I just sent you a link to where I uploaded stanza IV.

Totally depressive reading, I'm afraid, does not do justice to the stanza at all, but what can I do (my accursed nordic tongue tripping over pronunciations...). I tried my theatrical voice at first, which was absolutely apalling. Won't try that again. So I reverted to just reading the lines :?
Despondence

Postby Saturn » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:59 pm

Congratulations everybody - our fragmented little piece is finally complete.

Big thanks to Despondence and Fortuna for the last two stanzas.

:D

http://www.putfile.com/saturn1

Now I have to try and work out how to arrange them all into order on the putfile site :roll:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:01 pm

Saturn wrote:Now I have to try and work out how to arrange them all into order on the putfile site :roll:

If you'd like, I've got some audio mixing software and I could put the clips all together in a single track. . . at least I could make that contribution to the project without having to deal with interfering background noise!
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:08 pm

That's not what I meant sorry- if you look at the home page they are all arranged higeldy-piggeldy and I'd like to sort them into their proper order
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Despondence » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:11 pm

Credo Buffa wrote: at least I could make that contribution to the project without having to deal with interfering background noise!

I thought you were doing VIII...how did you weasel out of that??
Despondence

Postby Credo Buffa » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:11 pm

Saturn wrote:That's not what I meant sorry- if you look at the home page they are all arranged higeldy-piggeldy and I'd like to sort them into their proper order

I know, but my idea was that it might be nice to have them all together so you don't have the interruption between each section.
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Credo Buffa » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:15 pm

Despondence wrote:
Credo Buffa wrote: at least I could make that contribution to the project without having to deal with interfering background noise!

Did I say I was going to weasel out of it? :shock:

No, I'll still do it, but can't guarantee when it'll happen. That's a lot of pressure, you know, having the last stanza! I don't know how I'll live with myself if I mess it up too badly.
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Fortuna » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:51 pm

Saturn wrote:Big thanks to Despondence and Fortuna for the last two stanzas.

:D

Oh! You still have my old version of stanza ii up there. In the email I sent you there were two files, one of them was a link to my better quality recording for stanza ii. If you'd rather I attach it, let me know and I'll send you another email. :)
"Call’d him soft names in many a mused rhyme,
To take into the air my quiet breath"
Fortuna

Postby Despondence » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:07 am

Credo Buffa wrote:
Despondence wrote:

Did I say I was going to weasel out of it? :shock:

Oops! Sorry, my bad, misread that (sounded like Fortuna had done it in your stead).

Credo Buffa wrote:That's a lot of pressure, you know, having the last stanza! I don't know how I'll live with myself if I mess it up too badly.

Quite. You better get it right. :P (juz kiddin -- no such thing as a "right" or a "wrong" way to read a poem! Well, maybe the latter)

My neighbors must think me quite crazy by now, incidentally, as I was shouting "Away, away!" for a couple of hours some nights ago (until I realized that I could move closer to the mic and stop shouting). Not that I care one jot what they think anyway, they're all morons, and they make their fair share of noise as it is.. </unrelated>
Despondence

Postby Credo Buffa » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:07 am

Despondence wrote:My neighbors must think me quite crazy by now, incidentally, as I was shouting "Away, away!" for a couple of hours some nights ago (until I realized that I could move closer to the mic and stop shouting). Not that I care one jot what they think anyway, they're all morons, and they make their fair share of noise as it is.. </unrelated>

ha ha ha! :lol:

See, that's exactly what I'm afraid of. My family already thinks I'm a bit odd. . .
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:02 pm

I've uploaded the complete version of the Ode To a Nightingale courtesy of the sterling work of Malia whose arduous task was to assemble the disjointed pieces of our own recordings. into a [reasonably] coherent whole.

Thanks for your work Malia :D 8)

Here's the link once again for those unfamiliar:

http://www.putfile.com/saturn1
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:04 pm

I will now add my own reading of Keats final letter to the site.

It's a bit overwrought and some will think I get a bit carried away in this reading but I was trying to capture the emotion of the letter which is one of the saddest things I've ever read.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:52 am

Great reading, Saturn. I love the passion you display. It is a painful, passionate, tortured letter that begs to be read with such passion.

One thing I noticed was in the middle of your reading, the volume diminishes considerably--I had my volume turned all the way up and I still had trouble hearing you. But that's just a technical glitch. As far as content, you do wonderfully :)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to ‘Where’s the Poet? Show him! Show him!’