Anyone been through this lately?

Here you can post YOUR OWN poems, prose, music, or art inspired by the 'Muses nine'.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Anyone been through this lately?

Postby dks » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:59 am

Just wondered...I wrote this today. Ok, ok. I'll temper it and won't post another poem for at least a few days...sorry, guys...I can't help it, though... :oops:

By Me

When we’re stalemated,
After pitching regard,
Wedging words,
And boxing views;

All I can do,
During a soundless while,
Is bow my head—
Make it ready
For the whetted blade.

And notice the mean laces
On my shoes,
Much like you,
They’re bent, wrung,
Frayed—
And strung,
Altogether gnarled,
By me.
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Re: Anyone been through this lately?

Postby Saturn » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:41 am

dks wrote:Just wondered...I wrote this today. Ok, ok. I'll temper it and won't post another poem for at least a few days...sorry, guys...I can't help it, though... :oops:

Dont apologize - keep it coming - at least someone is visited by the muse :(
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Re: Anyone been through this lately?

Postby dks » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:47 pm

Saturn wrote:
dks wrote:Just wondered...I wrote this today. Ok, ok. I'll temper it and won't post another poem for at least a few days...sorry, guys...I can't help it, though... :oops:

Dont apologize - keep it coming - at least someone is visited by the muse :(

My Muse took a sabbatical for a few years! She/he has just decided to come back and camp out for some glorious reason. Saturn, yours will return--entreat her. :wink:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:17 pm

I fear my muse, if such a thing did ever visit me has decamped permanently :?
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:20 pm

Saturn wrote:I fear my muse, if such a thing did ever visit me has decamped permanently :?

It's my understanding that it takes two to tango when writing a poem: that beautiful, enigmatic, charismatic character called "muse" and her rough, gruff, teeth-gnashing, all-too-practical brother named Hard Work!
;)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:32 pm

Saturn wrote:I fear my muse, if such a thing did ever visit me has decamped permanently :?

Pfft. Buh. Pshaw. Nonsense.
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:34 pm

Malia wrote:It's my understanding that it takes two to tango when writing a poem: that beautiful, enigmatic, charismatic character called "muse" and her rough, gruff, teeth-gnashing, all-too-practical brother named Hard Work!
;)

I think I'm bereft of one, i.e. the muse or inspiration and allergic to the other.

But in all seriousness my poems are at best mediocre copies of another's man's genius.

I read over my poems again and begin to hate them and the thing that created them :evil:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:38 pm

Saturn wrote:I think I'm bereft of one, i.e. the muse or inspiration and allergic to the other.

But in all seriousness my poems are at best mediocre copies of another's man's genius.

I read over my poems again and begin to hate them and the thing that created them :evil:

Stop, at once! I have not one iota of doubt in my small, mawkish mind that you write gorgeously--and if I have to dig my eyes out with dull spoons along with turning blue from telling you so...then I shall.
dks
Dante

Return to ‘Where’s the Poet? Show him! Show him!’