Keats Society

Events that are related to Keats, lectures, new publications. Also your Photos of Keats-related locations, events etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby Malia » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:49 pm

Credo Buffa wrote:Yup. I'll be the one taking all the long walks on the Heath while all the rest of you are huddled under blankets with your tea :lol:

You got that right! :lol: Well, if I have enough money after paying for my plane ticket for long underwear, I might just join you on your walks.

Actually, if I move to Spokane, I'll be dealing with some of the coldest weather in Washington--which would still be warm to you, I'm sure, Credo ;) I think the average temp up there in January is in the teens or 20's. Still balmy when you consider the negative numbers in the midwest.

Even if England is in the 40's in January. . .I still think it's cooold! Could it be the dampness?
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:52 pm

I actually think the humidity would make it feel warmer. :?

But then again, that could just be me again :P
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:08 pm

If you want to send me the money for the flights and accomadation guys I'll gladly pay for the dinner and a few bottles of Claret too :lol:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:31 pm

I'll give everyone my itinerary so you'll know exactly where I'm staying and when I'll be at Hampstead...I'm also going to the coast--for some poetic inspiriation and to entreat my Muse. :wink:

I know last time I checked (a few weeks ago) ticket prices were still hovering around $540--round trip from US (Texas) to London--Malia, Credo--what US airports would you guys hypothetically be flying out of?

Fortuna, a round trip to London from Australia is really $2000? Is that Economy or 1st class, madam?? :? :wink: :lol:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby dks » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:35 pm

Saturn wrote:If you want to send me the money for the flights and accomadation guys I'll gladly pay for the dinner and a few bottles of Claret too :lol:

You heard it--long as we're all there, Saturn is buying us dinner! And wine!!!

Only after us ladies pack in a day of shopping at Picadilly (Harrods!) :wink:

While there last time I picked up a pair of gorgeous Victorian lace up boots--at Clarks of London--I splurged...I love them!! I wore them to Dickens house. :lol:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

trip to keats

Postby jamiano » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:44 pm

Good Luck to all on your trip.

I'll be on a journey, abroad at home, with a voyage to Keats.

Bon voyage to everyone.

peace,
jamiano
jamiano

Re: trip to keats

Postby dks » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:54 pm

jamiano wrote:Good Luck to all on your trip.

I'll be on a journey, abroad at home, with a voyage to Keats.

Bon voyage to everyone.

peace,
jamiano

Join us (or me as it is still at the moment) in London--you are welcome to do so... :wink:
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:09 pm

If we build it they will come...

Maybe we could invite Andrew Motion to it also :shock:

The Friends of Keats or something like that - a new society :?:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:19 pm

Saturn wrote:If we build it they will come...

Maybe we could invite Andrew Motion to it also :shock:

The Friends of Keats or something like that - a new society :?:

:shock: :shock: You think Motion would laugh at us? :lol:

"The Friends of Keats"--yes...I like the sound of that... :wink:
dks
Dante

Postby dks » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:23 pm

Well, also, ladies--I know at the Holiday Inn (where I stayed in Jan.) You can get two twin beds and a sleeper sofa...I'd be willing to share my room with anyone who can't spring for lodging for a few days--I mean, when we went as a group with St. Thomas in jan. we all had to room with someone we didn't know--it was quite an experience--especially since we had to share our rooms for 14 days!! Of course, our Keats gathering wouldn't be nearly as long--I'll be coming back hom on the 9th anyway...

Something to think about. :wink:
dks
Dante

Postby Credo Buffa » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:26 pm

dks wrote:I know last time I checked (a few weeks ago) ticket prices were still hovering around $540--round trip from US (Texas) to London--Malia, Credo--what US airports would you guys hypothetically be flying out of?

I'd be flying out of Minneapolis/St. Paul (at least that I'm aware of; who knows where I'll be then!). I checked both Icelandair and Northwest/KLM, because Icelandair has pretty much the cheapest flights to the UK from here that I'm aware of. . . looking like somewhere between $600 and $700 round trip, with Northwest/KLM just over $700 (not the best option, but they have sort of a monopoly here because they're based out of the Twin Cities area).

I'm a bit concerned about those prices going up, though, what with the price of fuel skyrocketing like it is. . . :shock:

Maybe I'll just get in a canoe and paddle myself across the ocean :P

And I'd gladly share a room. Let me warn you, though. I talk in my sleep and I'm absolutely impossible in the morning! :roll: :P
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby dks » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:39 pm

Oh, goody. I'm a morning person--so we'll even eachother out, Credo!! :lol: :lol:
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:53 pm

Whoah this is getting serious here - so you guys are really thinking of doing this? :shock:

I wish you luck, I really do and hope whoever makes it has a ball.

I'll be with you in spirit anyhow, if not in corporeal form. :(
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Fortuna » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:18 am

dks wrote:Fortuna, a round trip to London from Australia is really $2000? Is that Economy or 1st class, madam?? :? :wink: :lol:

Well how do you expect a girl to travel in anything other than style?! :D

:lol: well it is a very long flight and $2000 is in AUD so that's a little less in US currency.
"Call’d him soft names in many a mused rhyme,
To take into the air my quiet breath"
Fortuna

Postby Credo Buffa » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:46 am

Saturn wrote:Whoah this is getting serious here - so you guys are really thinking of doing this? :shock:

Well, I for one make no guarantees. I'm a very poor girl right now, and could be anywhere doing anything when this thing finally goes down. If the fates allow and I happen to have a decent job by then, or if the fates are even nicer and I happen to be studying over there, I'm totally there.

If I'm still working for $11/hr and living at home, then not :(

I sure hope it all works out, though! This would (will) be so much fun!!!
Credo Buffa
Lamia

PreviousNext

Return to Keats around the world