Wort got into me?

Here you can post YOUR OWN poems, prose, music, or art inspired by the 'Muses nine'.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Wort got into me?

Postby redan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:14 pm

HONEYSUCKLE’S WORTS OF THE WORLD

Dogwort, Hogwort, Swartwort, Thrallwort, Ballwort, Bellwort, Throw-wort, Ponywort, Catchwort, Hatchwort, Tortwort, Smartwort, Dullwort, Pintwort, Quartwort, Fortwort, Wortwort, Thymewort, Slimewort, Passionwort, Marywort, Nerdwort, Sloewort, Clamwort, Jamwort, Jellywort, Bedlamswort, Flatwort, Ridgewort, Visagewort, Cow-wort, Lambswort, Bottlewort, Nicklewort, Dimewort, Snakewort, Pinchwort, Frenchwort, Dutchwort, Luckywort, Doomwort, Harmwort, Chucklewort, Periwinklewort, Mackrelwort, Glumwort, Buzzwort, Tomwort, Dickwort, Harrywort, Climaxwort, Flipwort, Flopwort, Jackwort, Jillwort, Tankwort, Jumpwort, Hopwort, Skipwort, Fangwort, Hollerwort, Screamwort, Dreamwort, Creamwort, Teamwort, Bilewort, Kinkywort, Stinkywort, Flywort, Spiderwort, Bottlewort, RAMwort, ROMwort, Pingwort, Pongwort, Dingwort, Dongwort, Worrywort, Pusswort, Pisswort, Rosewort, Wormwort, Floxwort, Clockwort, Bullwort, Thameswort, Nile-wort, Rhine-wort, Seine-wort, Wort-au-Danube, Diesel-wort, QueenMabswort, Wort-do-you-Mean, Pencilwort, Stencilwort, Tinselwort, Cecilwort, D'Arcywort, Plainwort, Compleatwort, Discreetwort, Cankerwort, Poopwort, Stoopwort, Grubwort, Stubwort, Tubwort, Hamwort, Hindwort, Windwort, Stallwort, Bubbawort, Eelwort, Mambowort, Tangowort, Waltzwort, Lugwort, Coneywort, Rebelwort, Hindoowort, Moorwort, Gibwort, Snipwort, Snapwort, Snarlwort, Humblewort, Thrustwort, Parrywort, Scumwort, Dazzlewort, Trammelwort, Cometwort, Wigglewort, Gigglewort, Panicwort, Picnicwort, Wort-for-Hire, Trollopswort, Heckwort, Shuckswort, Goshwort, Wort-on-a-Rope, Jesuswort, Judaswort, Fairwort, Foulwort, Hinkeywort, Hankywort, Pankywort, Monkeywort, Junkiewort, Thiswort, Thatwort.

-Redan
redan

Postby dks » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:42 pm

And for all of us true-blue letter heads out there...that was, indeed, a treat, Redan. Good show! Love it! :wink:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Malia » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:59 pm

I could see Keats writing something like that in a letter to his brother George :)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Saturn » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:19 pm

:?: :?: :?: :?: :lol:

Is this supposed to be funny? - I don't get it :roll:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:23 am

Saturn wrote::?: :?: :?: :?: :lol:

Is this supposed to be funny? - I don't get it :roll:

:lol: :lol:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:12 pm

No seriously, your humour is lost on me.

You people are nuts and I know about nuts :roll: :lol:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:01 pm

Saturn wrote:No seriously, your humour is lost on me.

You people are nuts and I know about nuts :roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I know I've been down that side of the tracks of dysfunction junction--ain't no bout a doubt it... :lol:

But it takes the bland out of life and gives it taste... :wink: :lol:
dks
Dante

Postby redan » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:00 am

Making a list and checking it twice....NAMING is the first thing [well, perhaps the second "First thing, let's kill all the lawyers."] poets do. "Doing a filthy pleasure is, and short." -Ben Jonson
There are some real "worts" on my list. I think of the list as being the list of contents as written on the bottom of the back jacket of a specialized herb guide [in tiny tiny typeface]. Imagine that there was a color plate drawing of each of the "worts". The piece is one of a series. I have a list of clients for an ad/publicity agency. I have a list of ships sunk by an imaginary WWII submarine.

Counter-feit: made against. And the poet is a maker.
Are you prepared to meet your maker? as a Clergyman, somewhere, says every Sunday morning...
redan

Postby Saturn » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:10 pm

This is insane - have I just listened in on some different plane of existence what's hapening here? :shock:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:04 pm

Saturn wrote:This is insane - have I just listened in on some different plane of existence what's hapening here? :shock:

Saturn, I think I agree with you. :shock:
dks
Dante

Postby Credo Buffa » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:22 pm

Redan, your description sort of reminds me a bit of "found poetry", which is something our English department did a few years ago. The object is to just go out into the world and. . . well. . . find poetry in it, not so much in the sense that you see something inspiring and write about it, but that you see words, for example, on a sign and that becomes your poem. You take something ordinary and forgetable and turn it into literature :D

It seems that your idea is to take this same idea a step further and invent what those words would be; you imagine that ordinary setting and put the words in yourself. It's a very fun, creative idea! :D
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby dks » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:29 pm

let's face it, redan...some of the most intelligent literary people of all time "made up" their own words and/or phrases...ie.) Shakespeare and Ben Johnson. So, it's an erudite literary exercise, as well. :wink:
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:51 pm

So it's poetry then - I thought it was a shopping list :lol:

Just kidding - I'm a bit puzzled that's all - I hope you are not offended by my comments redan - it's just a bit left-field for me :?
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby redan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:50 am

No offense taken. :D
redan

Return to ‘Where’s the Poet? Show him! Show him!’