The Mirror

Here you can post YOUR OWN poems, prose, music, or art inspired by the 'Muses nine'.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby dks » Mon May 01, 2006 5:17 pm

Saturn wrote:Don't get me started on that film - I could talk all day about it.

It was really my first introduction of how poetry could actually be relevant to my life - I realy identified with a lot of the kids in that movie - the Ethan Hawke and the Robert Sean Leonard characters especially, well more Ethan Hawke's character - that was me at school :?

I loved that character. I'm especially fond of the flying desk incident! :lol:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Tue May 02, 2006 9:27 am

dks wrote:
Saturn wrote:Don't get me started on that film - I could talk all day about it.

It was really my first introduction of how poetry could actually be relevant to my life - I realy identified with a lot of the kids in that movie - the Ethan Hawke and the Robert Sean Leonard characters especially, well more Ethan Hawke's character - that was me at school :?

I loved that character. I'm especially fond of the flying desk incident! :lol:

Yes nice part that.

I loved the "Captain, oh my captain" part when they all stand on their desks - always makes me fill up.

In a almost unrelated incident does anyone here remember the great mid 90s TV show My So-Called Life?

There was a similarly inspirational teacher in one episode of that who was similarly dismissed in the end.

Poetry in movies/TV - idea for a new thread perhaps :wink:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Tue May 02, 2006 6:46 pm

Yes, I remember that show...

another favorite part in DPS is when Knox Overstreet first lays his trembling hands on Chris at the party...too beautiful, that scene. :shock:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Tue May 02, 2006 10:28 pm

dks wrote:Yes, I remember that show...

another favorite part in DPS is when Knox Overstreet first lays his trembling hands on Chris at the party...too beautiful, that scene. :shock:

The part when Chris rides his bike through the fields :shock: :D

*note to self - must go and watch this film on DVD*
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Tue May 02, 2006 10:35 pm

Saturn wrote:

Yes, I have it, too. I also love the part when Nuwanda (Charlie) recites "She Walks in Beauty" to the gals in the cave...too classic--Charlie is one of my very favorite characters--a romantic thru and thru, that character is--he speaks to me! :wink:
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Tue May 02, 2006 10:39 pm

dks wrote:
Saturn wrote:

Yes, I have it, too. I also love the part when Nuwanda (Charlie) recites "She Walks in Beauty" to the gals in the cave...too classic--Charlie is one of my very favorite characters--a romantic thru and thru, that character is--he speaks to me! :wink:

I have a big chunk of Charlie in me - the romantic gestures, the burning passion etc but I'm nowhere being as confident and brazen as he is - I wish I had his self-belief and determination.

I don't know - help me here ladies do girls think that type of behaviour silly, humourously charming or endearing??
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Tue May 02, 2006 11:18 pm

Charlie who? The name's "Nuwanda" :P

Humorously charming and endearing in moderation, I'd say. I think it could get exhausting after too long. . . but at the same time, very boring without it at all :wink:
Last edited by Credo Buffa on Tue May 02, 2006 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby dks » Tue May 02, 2006 11:19 pm

Saturn wrote:I have a big chunk of Charlie in me - the romantic gestures, the burning passion etc but I'm nowhere being as confident and brazen as he is - I wish I had his self-belief and determination.

I don't know - help me here ladies do girls think that type of behaviour silly, humourously charming or endearing??

:lol: :lol: Wait. Is that a serious question?? :shock: Those qualities are simply irresistable--no other way to put it. Then again, Denise has not one reserved, Victorianist bone in her body, so...you may need to ask a wide array of female types...Uh, uh...not one doubt--this gal would've gone for Charlie for certain!! :wink:
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Wed May 03, 2006 10:34 am

Say a guy ran in the rain for about a mile to catch someone at the bus stop to ask them out - would you find that creepy stalker-like or romantic?

A "friend" did something similar once :oops:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Wed May 03, 2006 2:26 pm

Saturn wrote:Say a guy ran in the rain for about a mile to catch someone at the bus stop to ask them out - would you find that creepy stalker-like or romantic?

A "friend" did something similar once :oops:

Are you kidding?? I'd say if he caught up to me...I'd take from his lips what little breath he had left... :oops: :wink: :lol:
dks
Dante

Postby Credo Buffa » Wed May 03, 2006 11:12 pm

Well, tell your "friend," Saturn, that if any of the guys I'd rejected* in the past had done something like that for me, I might have thought twice about rejecting them :wink:

*"Rejected" is a very harsh word, and I don't like using it. Perhaps "let down gently" is more like it. :roll:
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Previous

Return to ‘Where’s the Poet? Show him! Show him!’