Funny home video

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Funny home video

Postby dks » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:39 am

This is what it's like with three boys who have been largely raised by their weary mama!! Go to the link and click play. Take note of my two older boys in the background... :lol:

http://media.putfile.com/Me-and-the-boys
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Credo Buffa » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:49 am

Your boys are precious, Denise. :D What a handful (or two) they must be with all that energy!
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:53 am

Very cute Denise :D

What a handful :shock:

And I like the fact they play soccer [football damnit :wink: ].

You've opened the floodgates now - post your home movies here :wink:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:49 pm

:lol: :lol:

Too funny, eh?

No, not a handful--they keep me going (non-stop) they're a bundle of fun and good boys, really. But they are rough and my house is a constant battleground of sorts...yes, they looove 'football'/soccer--they will all be playing in the fall league this year...my Saturday mornings will be quite hectic, indeed!!

I was trying to get Marco to do a soccer trick that a sweet Irishman told me about--balancing the ball on the back of your neck and then attempting to take your shirt off while keeping the ball there--all for balance purposes...needless to say, Marco wasn't game for it. :lol:

We will perfect our movie making skills before the summer is over and I'll send you guys what we come up with in the process! :wink:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby dks » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:50 pm

Saturn wrote:Very cute Denise :D

What a handful :shock:

And I like the fact they play soccer [football damnit :wink: ].

You've opened the floodgates now - post your home movies here :wink:

Thank you, guys. What else is Denise good for but opening floodgates? :lol:
dks
Dante

Postby dks » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:07 pm

Credo Buffa wrote:Your boys are precious, Denise. :D What a handful (or two) they must be with all that energy!

Thank you, Credo. Actually, they really were playing around--they play rough! :lol:
dks
Dante

Postby Credo Buffa » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:54 am

Saturn wrote:You've opened the floodgates now - post your home movies here :wink:

Well, you asked for it!

I just posted a couple of videos on my LiveJournal:

http://rampantwhistler.livejournal.com/134895.html

The videos are at the bottom of the entry. The first one is from the baseball game I went to on Saturday. The main purpose of the video is for the audio of the "Hormel Row of Fame" song (for non-Americans here, Hormel makes hotdogs, so at every game, one row is selected as the "Hormel Row of Fame" and everyone receives a free hotdog), which is a very fun, catchy tune, but my brother felt the need to jump in at the end. :P The second one may appeal to you a bit more, though. :wink:
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:56 am

Cool videos Credo and a great looking site there - looks like you put a lot of work into it :D

Here's a little video I took on a visit to Glasgow University about two years ago.

For some bizarre reason a guy was Abseiling off the tower at the entrance to the University.

Look very closely now...
http://media.putfile.com/Abseiling---Glasgow-University
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:33 pm

Saturn wrote:For some bizarre reason a guy was Abseiling off the tower at the entrance to the University.

Look very closely now...

I could see him at the beginning, but then lost him for the rest of it. :?

I had to look up "abseiling," and as I expected, we use the word "rappelling" over here in the New World.
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:43 pm

Really. I never knew that :!:

Yeah sorry the video isn't very good at all - but most of my ones are of my friends doing strange things which you guys would be totally dumbfounded at.

I also have a lot of concert footage taken wth my digital camera.

I do have a video of me playing A hard Days Night though :wink:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:08 pm

Awesome footage/videos you guys! I lost that guy repelling also, Credo--but then found him again--his shadow anyway--right before the end of the video...

I'm glad we have this thread going...I'm putting on a major production (me and the boys)--I'm learning to use my moviemaker software in conjunction with my digital camera--replete with music video features and all...I should have it posted by week's end. :wink:
dks
Dante

Re: Funny home video

Postby Malia » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:11 am

dks wrote:This is what it's like with three boys who have been largely raised by their weary mama!! Go to the link and click play. Take note of my two older boys in the background... :lol:

http://media.putfile.com/Me-and-the-boys

Wow, talk about controlled insanity! :lol: I love how the dog tried to get in on the action at the end, there.

You all look great, Denise!! :)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:12 am

Credo Buffa wrote:
Saturn wrote:For some bizarre reason a guy was Abseiling off the tower at the entrance to the University.

Look very closely now...

I could see him at the beginning, but then lost him for the rest of it. :?

I had to look up "abseiling," and as I expected, we use the word "rappelling" over here in the New World.

Interesting video, Saturn. Looks like the guy rappelling down the building was doing it for some kind of show. . .I mean, he had an audience, anyway ;) What building was that, do you know?

And thanks Credo for looking up the word "abseiling"--I've never heard of that word before.
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:14 am

Credo Buffa wrote:
Saturn wrote:You've opened the floodgates now - post your home movies here :wink:

Well, you asked for it!

I just posted a couple of videos on my LiveJournal:

http://rampantwhistler.livejournal.com/134895.html

The videos are at the bottom of the entry. The first one is from the baseball game I went to on Saturday. The main purpose of the video is for the audio of the "Hormel Row of Fame" song (for non-Americans here, Hormel makes hotdogs, so at every game, one row is selected as the "Hormel Row of Fame" and everyone receives a free hotdog), which is a very fun, catchy tune, but my brother felt the need to jump in at the end. :P The second one may appeal to you a bit more, though. :wink:

Fun videos, Credo :) I like the "brother sneaking in a look" bit at the end--it reminds me of my brother Matt :) And the concert looked so fun and relaxing--how cute to see those little kids dancing around to the 1812 Overature. ;)
Last edited by Malia on Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:24 am

By the way, how do you upload video files to the internet anyway? :? :shock:
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Next

Return to Miscellaneous