The current/World Affairs thread.

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby Saturn » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:28 pm

I wish I had your optimism and good-nature Denise, but as a student of history I know it's a never-ending cycle of violence begetting voilence, begetting yet more vioelnce, hatred and mutual destruction.

Of course there are little things in the world which are good but when there are much great evils perpetrated everywhere, at all times it makes it very difficult to believe that as the song goes "The Good Will Out" :?

I suppose I'm just a glass-half-empty kind of person :(
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:35 pm

Well, that's ok, Stephen, because out of your kind and my kind evolves a yin and yang that makes it all go 'round. :wink:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:21 pm

Nah that's bullshit I'm just a miserable fucker that's all.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Despondence » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:05 am

Saturn wrote:Nah that's bullshit I'm just a miserable fucker that's all.

Yo, man.

(Now you're really living)
Despondence

Postby dks » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:14 pm

Saturn wrote:Nah that's bullshit I'm just a miserable fucker that's all.

Yes, that seems to be true, dear. :lol: :lol:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

World Strategy

Postby MonroeDoctrine » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:04 am

Now World War Three is being created by the wars that we're seeing. Mostly to counter LaRouche's economic policies such as the Eurasian Landbridge and New Bretton Woods. Most people don't know that the Russian Academy of Sciences made Lyndon LaROuche an honorary member because they love his economic ideas. Unlike the identity American Scientist develope the Russian scientist have a huge influence in politics. Which is why we find President Putin making statments such as ,"We need to develope the economy the way Franklin Roosevelt did." That's a reflection of LaRouche's organizing.

Now look at events such as the Shangai Cooperation Organization meeting and The G-8 Summit. Especially pay careful attention the SCO meeting where it was explicit that countries such as Russia and other Central Asian nations want economic development between each other. Now another thing to note is that the G-8 Summit which did come after the SCO meeting was held in Moscow. All of a sudden in the context of these meetings we have more wars and new waves of terror such as the terror bombing that occured in Mumbai, India. Look at who the right wing is blaming for the Hezbollah rocket attacks they are blaming Iran (Russia's ally). Look at where the major wars are occuring! They are occuring in Central Asia and South West Asia? It is clear that there is an attempt to destabilize Eurasia.

Why the Israelis are being used as a hand grenade
Now Dick CHeney met with Netanyahu recently and shortly after this meeting Netanyahu met with some people in the Israeli government including Olmert. And shortly after this meeting the bombing of Beirut occured. Olmert even made a public statement where he said "Never has the US Gov given us so much freedom to go ahead with our policies." Maj. General Uri Sagi made some statements basically denouncing the whole war, and some other Israeli officals have basically out in the open acknowledged that the war is a policy that is coming out of Washington. And what is the policy coming out of the White House now? It comes from evil financial institutions that want empire, and if you want specific names behind this policy look up George Shultz and look up Felix Rohatyn. The same people trying to destablilize Eurasia as I described above.
Peace
MonroeDoctrine
At Parnassus' foot

Some other facts about the world

Postby MonroeDoctrine » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:20 am

Now just to put something out there for folks to think about it turns out that the Dutch have degenrated again. I guess it wasn't enough to run the slave trade during the 17th and 18th century and create slavery in South East Asia; now they have imposed a euthanasia policy to kill their old people. Euthanasia was legalized in the Netherlands; most likely because the society might think that old people are not "cost effective." Most of this causes things such as people trying to get some inheritence money and convincing doctors to put grandma out of her misery. Now if you get old get the hell out of the Netherlands. Just look at the stats ; compare the rate of increase of elderly people in countries like US, France and Japan and do the same in the Netherlands. Look at the amount of people over a hundred in these countries. The policy is discusting.
Peace
MonroeDoctrine
At Parnassus' foot

Re: Some other facts about the world

Postby Despondence » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:24 am

MonroeDoctrine wrote:Now if you get old get the hell out of the Netherlands.

I already did once, but for rather different reasons :lol:
Despondence

MEXICO LINDO Y QUERIDO!

Postby MonroeDoctrine » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:46 am

Alright let's hope Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador turns over the election in Mexico. His opponent which is a part of the Synarchist and Satanic PAN party which has NAZI roots, stole the election. It is clear that ballots were thrown in the trash and that there were a number of irregularities. ONe of the reasons the PRD must win is because the PAN party is going to sell off MEXICO to private financial institutions. This is typified by their bright idea to sell PEMEX to foreignors. If you are for the sovereignty of MEXICO you will support Loper Obradors cause! Support the recount in MEXICO! Don't let Dick Cheney's friends take over MEXICO!
Peace
MonroeDoctrine
At Parnassus' foot

Re: The current/World Affairs thread.

Postby jamiano » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:04 pm

Saturn wrote:I've wanted to create a thread about this for a long time.

Okay the hot topic of the moment - The Lebannon situation.

Your views and opinions please. :?:

"It's premature for a ceasefire at this time." atributed to C. Rice
or Pres. Bush.

"Peace is always the opportunity to love."

Thy Kingdom Come

jamiano

peace to love,
jamiano
jamiano

The Idiocy

Postby MonroeDoctrine » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:55 pm

I can't believe the House Passed a Bill that gives the wealthiest families estate tax breaks! Jesus Christ these so called Christians are insane! This better not pass in the Senate! This is outrageous!
I also find it crazy how The UN Passed a Resolution calling for the Iranians to stop Uranium Enrichment! Now every country has the sovereign right to develope Uranium! And the Congress better not back up some type of stupid attack on Iran because that's going to create WORLD WAR THREE!
Peace
MonroeDoctrine
At Parnassus' foot

Postby greymouse » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:05 pm

I can't believe the House Passed a Bill that gives the wealthiest families estate tax breaks!

I agree, it was a bit cynical a political move to tie it to the minimum wage increase, and if I'm not mistaken it did fail in the Senate which is probably appropriate.

And the Congress better not back up some type of stupid attack on Iran because that's going to create WORLD WAR THREE!

I doubt they will need to, I'm guessing this will remain a proxy war at least for a while. But it is starting to look grim.
greymouse

Can you belive John Bolton?

Postby MonroeDoctrine » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:41 am

Can you folks belive John Bolton is talking about taking some action against Myanmar! Do you folks know how absurd that is; he says that the government is tyrannical well at least the Gov of Myanmar didn't promote a toture policy where private mercenary forces are getting away with crimes against humanity. And yes the policy of people like Rumsfeld and Cheney is to get rid of the National Military and turn it into a mercenary force of killers. And it wasn't Myanmar that approved the bombing of Lebanon!
Peace
MonroeDoctrine
At Parnassus' foot

OH MY OH MY!

Postby MonroeDoctrine » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:44 am

Can you believe Rumsfelds speeches saying that anyone who isn't supporting the war on terror is supporting Islamo-Fascism! Since when did everyone who was Muslim become a NAZI? THis is an outrage! Now hopefully I can post up who the real NAZI sympathizers are in this country (when I get more info on it) real soon. By the way Rumsfeld is the one that hugged Sadaam Hussein. And yes, Prescot Bush financed Hitler.
Peace
MonroeDoctrine
At Parnassus' foot

Re: OH MY OH MY!

Postby Saturn » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:27 am

MonroeDoctrine wrote:Can you believe Rumsfelds speeches saying that anyone who isn't supporting the war on terror is supporting Islamo-Fascism! Since when did everyone who was Muslim become a NAZI? THis is an outrage! Now hopefully I can post up who the real NAZI sympathizers are in this country (when I get more info on it) real soon. By the way Rumsfeld is the one that hugged Sadaam Hussein. And yes, Prescot Bush financed Hitler.

That doesn't surprise me one little bit.

Was he the present Bush's grandfather?

That family have a lot to answer for :evil:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous