Share a quote

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby dks » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:37 pm

SATURN'S BACK

:D :D
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:59 pm

In a matter of posting...
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:31 pm

:D :D :D :D

So happy!

You're here.

:D
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:23 am

I'm here...

...but I'm not all there...
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:50 am

So the hell what!!

If you were any different, I wouldn't luv ya so. *Ahem* WE wouldn't luv ya so... :oops:

:lol: :lol:

:wink:

Now. Help me with my new avatar, Stephen, my good man.

*squeal with delight*

I'm so happy you're back!! :lol: :lol:
dks
Dante

Postby Despondence » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:08 am

Gods, what a melodrama.

Guys...both of you, all of us: could we please TRY not to be so fracking infatuated and depressed all at once? And if you have to, why here? That's the part I don't get. I take my personal problems elsewhere, and you guys should be damn thankful for that.

Your smileys are giving me a headache, dks. Makes me wish Thilo had never activated them in the first place. Luckily you don't care what I say anyway, so I can state without qualms that it would probably be a futile thing to ask you to take a moment to think about the meaning of restraint.

"Meum cerebrum nocet."
Despondence

Postby dks » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:16 pm

:roll:
dks
Dante

Postby dks » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:24 pm

Despondence--

Look. I normally don't use the smileys that much--I was just happy he was back, is all. I don't think emoting a bit is a bad thing. I don't splay out my life on here--none of us do--we all go off on tangents at times--that's ok. No one is on a couch while typing out their fantasies about sex with knomes or anything.

For you, sir, I will try to temper myself.

Sorry.
dks
Dante

Postby Despondence » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:46 pm

dks wrote:For you, sir, I will try to temper myself.

Please, no. Do you think it is myself that I'm concerned about?

You don't need to do anything "for me."
Despondence

Postby dks » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:14 pm

Despondence wrote:
dks wrote:For you, sir, I will try to temper myself.

Please, no. Do you think it is myself that I'm concerned about?

You don't need to do anything "for me."

I shall now quietly tip toe back from whence I came--only because life suddenly seems awful short during awkward moments such as these.
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:31 pm

Despondence wrote:Gods, what a melodrama.

Guys...both of you, all of us: could we please TRY not to be so fracking infatuated and depressed all at once? And if you have to, why here? That's the part I don't get. I take my personal problems elsewhere, and you guys should be damn thankful for that.

Your smileys are giving me a headache, dks. Makes me wish Thilo had never activated them in the first place. Luckily you don't care what I say anyway, so I can state without qualms that it would probably be a futile thing to ask you to take a moment to think about the meaning of restraint.

"Meum cerebrum nocet."

Now I finally understand you Despondence.

I wish you had been clearer a long time ago and said this straight out.

Now I finally know where you are coming from.

Now we all know where we stand.

Fine have it your way.

There was no need to be nasty to dks though.

I'm really surprised at you.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:05 pm

:)
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:45 pm

A thread where you can vote as to whether you wish there to be smilies or not:

viewtopic.php?t=533

There was every opportunity to express your opinion Despondence.

Not just on that matter but everything else.

I was unaware you had problems with this site and presumably my running of it by the sounds of things - how was I to know unless you had told me?

I hope I'm not some unapproachable deity whom no-one can challenge. The floor is yours. I even offered you a moderating post once. We could have worked together on this but you chose not to.

This site is very much a democracy I hope.
I have given ample space and encouragement for free speech. I have never deleted or edited any posts by genuine members in the time I have been administrator.

I like to think I have been very fair and judicious in my running of the site.
Perhaps I lack have the restraint you have but everyone is different and express themselves in different ways.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Despondence » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:24 am

Saturn wrote:Now I finally understand you Despondence.

I wish you had been clearer a long time ago and said this straight out.

Now I finally know where you are coming from.

Now we all know where we stand.

Fine have it your way.

There was no need to be nasty to dks though.

I'm really surprised at you.

Huh?

What the heck are you talking about? I have to confess I have no clue.
Despondence

Postby Despondence » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:20 am

Saturn wrote:A thread where you can vote as to whether you wish there to be smilies or not:

viewtopic.php?t=533

There was every opportunity to express your opinion Despondence.

Not just on that matter but everything else.

I was unaware you had problems with this site and presumably my running of it by the sounds of things - how was I to know unless you had told me?

I hope I'm not some unapproachable deity whom no-one can challenge. The floor is yours. I even offered you a moderating post once. We could have worked together on this but you chose not to.

This site is very much a democracy I hope.
I have given ample space and encouragement for free speech. I have never deleted or edited any posts by genuine members in the time I have been administrator.

I like to think I have been very fair and judicious in my running of the site.
Perhaps I lack have the restraint you have but everyone is different and express themselves in different ways.

Blimey. Look, I'm in the dark here, honestly.

You seem to say that you have "finally understood" something about me. For the life of me I can't figure out what, which renders the rest of your talk just as undecipherable to me.

As to smileys, even I voted for the damn things in your poll. Like everything else that is given, it's up to people not to abuse it. That's all I'm saying.

As to expressing my opinion, I have tried to do that on a few occasions where I felt the need to dissent. I think I was pretty much ignored. But I don't try to make policy, I'm not pushing an agenda, so it may be that my remarks were just not taken seriously because I didn't sound angry when I made them.

Why do you feel the need to defend yourself as administrator? I never criticised your handling of the job. I think you have some personal issues that might be better suited for other places (I even gave you a hint).

Well, anyway. I'm glad to see you recovered quickly from your dip into the sea of qualms. Perhaps I even helped in a way, by providing you all with a common object of despise. That's fine, I am resigned to this. I don't need to be liked; my self-respect is more important to me than being liked. I am sorry though that I am so incompatible with the rest of you, but that's my problem.
Despondence

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous