Introduce Yourself - apologies I deleted the thread.

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Postby AhDistinctly » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:54 pm

Saturn wrote:My sincerest apologies once again Richard and everyone else - my mind is completely elsewhere :(

I think we're all glad it happened. Everybody is reintroducing themselves, which makes for quite enjoyable reading!

Malia wrote:I'm Malia (if you hadn't already guessed ;) ) and I'm from Washington State. I've just begun taking classes for my Masters Degree in Organizational Leadership and I'm loving it--even though the reading is *endless*.

A great degree, Malia. It is definitely one of those that you will get out of what you put into it. Keep us posted on any good readings!

Malia wrote:I just recently took the Myers-Briggs personality inventory and I'm an ENFJ (that translates to Extrovert, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging--this basically means that I'm most comfortable as an extrovert, I like big ideas rather than detailed facts, I'm most comfortable understanding my world through feeling rather than hard analysis and I like to organize, plan things and make lists). Anyone else out there take the Myers-Briggs and willing to share their personality profile? :)

That is a great idea! I am totally INTJ. Hey, greymouse!!! :D

Here is a link to the Jung Typology Test. http://humanmetrics.com. It is the same as the Briggs-Myers, but doesn't use the name, so it is free. You can analyze your results at http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk, where they have some great articles. Here are some examples:

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

That last part is the most important to me. I sure know what I don't know!!

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

I must admit that I've always stood in awe of the "Southern Belle" types and the art of light flirtation. :shock:

In one of my files I have a link to the Harry Potter personality type test. I'll have to dig it up because I recall someone mentioning liking all things HP. I'm a Snape. *alas!*
...perched and sat and nothing more...
AhDistinctly

Postby dks » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:58 pm

Saturn wrote:I am nothing, no-one, nowhere, no-man, nobody.

Complete rubbish. You make perhaps the deepest impression here.
You just don't know it, is all.
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:02 pm

dks wrote:

Thank you, you are very kind but my real life is another story...
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby AhDistinctly » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:47 am

Saturn wrote:
dks wrote:

Thank you, you are very kind but my real life is another story...

The problem, I think, is that there are not enough Denises wandering the earth offering encouragement and appreciation. I'm not being facetious-- I'm serious.

Maybe we should all resolve to to say *I appreciate you* to at least one person every day! :idea:
...perched and sat and nothing more...
AhDistinctly

Postby dks » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:10 am

AhDistinctly wrote:The problem, I think, is that there are not enough Denises wandering the earth offering encouragement and appreciation. I'm not being facetious-- I'm serious.

Maybe we should all resolve to to say *I appreciate you* to at least one person every day! :idea:

Goodness, sir. One Denise is plenty enough--wouldn't you all agree? People generally like puppy dogs for a few moments, then they hand them off--but that stray puppy, looking to lavish love and reckless attention on whomever, whenever--well, people usually find that simply annoying.

You're too kind, AD. You've overwhelmed me for a few seconds. :oops: :lol:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby greymouse » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:42 pm

AhDistinctly wrote: I am totally INTJ. Hey, greymouse!!!

INTJ pride! :D

dks wrote:Goodness, sir. One Denise is plenty enough--wouldn't you all agree?

There are never enough of you. You ought to be cloned, girl. I guess in the meantime, raising great children is the closest thing.

btw, why did I assume AD was a lady? You're holding out, AD.
greymouse

Postby dks » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:45 pm

I am deeply appreciative...*she takes low bow*

...to be in such company...

I love this forum.

:shock:
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:01 pm

AhDistinctly wrote:
Here is a link to the Jung Typology Test. http://humanmetrics.com. It is the same as the Briggs-Myers, but doesn't use the name, so it is free.

Here's my results:

Your Type is
ISFJ

Strength of the preferences %
Introverted 44
Sensing 19
Feeling 50
Judging 11

Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
by Marina Margaret Heiss

Profile: ISFJ
Revision: 3.0
Date of Revision: 26 Feb 2005

ISFJs are characterized above all by their desire to serve others, their "need to be needed." In extreme cases, this need is so strong that standard give-and-take relationships are deeply unsatisfying to them; however, most ISFJs find more than enough with which to occupy themselves within the framework of a normal life. (Since ISFJs, like all SJs, are very much bound by the prevailing social conventions, their form of "service" is likely to exclude any elements of moral or political controversy; they specialize in the local, the personal, and the practical.)

ISFJs are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play. Ironically, because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their loyalty and unstinting, high-quality work, those around them often take them for granted--even take advantage of them. Admittedly, the problem is sometimes aggravated by the ISFJs themselves; for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself"). And although they're hurt by being treated like doormats, they are often unwilling to toot their own horns about their accomplishments because they feel that although they deserve more credit than they're getting, it's somehow wrong to want any sort of reward for doing work (which is supposed to be a virtue in itself). (And as low-profile Is, their actions don't call attention to themselves as with charismatic Es.) Because of all of this, ISFJs are often overworked, and as a result may suffer from psychosomatic illnesses.

That is definitely me.

Like most Is, ISFJs have a few, close friends. They are extremely loyal to these, and are ready to provide emotional and practical support at a moment's notice. (However, like most Fs they hate confrontation; if you get into a fight, don't expect them to jump in after you. You can count on them, however, run and get the nearest authority figure.) Unlike with EPs, the older the friendship is, the more an ISFJ will value it. One ISFJ trait that is easily misunderstood by those who haven't known them long is that they are often unable to either hide or articulate any distress they may be feeling. For instance, an ISFJ child may be reproved for "sulking," the actual cause of which is a combination of physical illness plus misguided "good manners." An adult ISFJ may drive a (later ashamed) friend or SO into a fit of temper over the ISFJ's unexplained moodiness, only afterwards to explain about a death in the family they "didn't want to burden anyone with." Those close to ISFJs should learn to watch for the warning signs in these situations and take the initiative themselves to uncover the problem.

And even more so.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Digression_jim » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:15 pm

I am an INTJ .......

I do worry a lot but hey what can you do about it all...

I live by one guiding principle...and that is you do not have to do good everyday, as long as you do no harm everyday.....
Dont touch my muffin
Digression_jim

Postby greymouse » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:21 pm

Hey, glad you took the test Saturn. That is uncanny how close the description comes to some of your traits. It's almost creepy that people can be categorized so easily. :? I doubt it always works this well, but it mercilessly nailed me to the wall.

Maybe everyone should have 4 letters tattooed on their foreheads, so nobody ever has confusion relating to one another. "Oh that person is an ESTJ, she didn't mean anything by that." Sounds like a good Orwell-style book.

jim wrote:I am an INTJ .......
Welcome to the club! Your motto seems very fair and I totally agree with it.
greymouse

Postby Saturn » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:26 pm

I'm a sucker for all these psychological tests. :?
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Discovery » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:10 pm

Hey Greymouse, Digression Jim and AhDistinctly, I am an INTJ too! :D

It was really weird for me at times, as I would read some lines and think 'this computer knows me better than anyone'. Especially about personal/romantic relationships :cry:

It seems most of us Keats fans are introverted anyway. Well at least those using this forum!
Discovery

Postby Falina » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:10 pm

Wow, pretty much all of you seem to be INTJs :wink: ... I'm kind of introverted as well, but I belong to the (seemingly) rare ISFJ type as Saturn :) ...

Especially these descriptions fit perfectly:
Saturn wrote:
ISFJs (...) are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself").
I always wondered why I am like this :wink: ...

Saturn wrote:
Like most Is, ISFJs have a few, close friends. They are extremely loyal to these, and are ready to provide emotional and practical support at a moment's notice.
Oh yes...

While their work ethic is high on the ISFJ priority list, their families are the centers of their lives. ISFJs are extremely warm and demonstrative within the family circle (...). Needless to say, ISFJs take infinite trouble over meals, gifts, celebrations, etc., for their loved ones
*nodding*

This childlike Ne is, however, the likely source (coupled with fun-loving Extraverted Feeling) of the practical joking, punning and (usually harmless) impishness of some ISFJs.
Yes, I can be like that :wink: ...

By the way: What I find pretty amusing is that another ISFJ, besides Saturn and myself, is Dr. Watson, "Sherlock Homes' faithful sidekick" :D ...
We are like frost flowers, we blossom at night...
We are like frost flowers, too beautiful for the day...
(Subway to Sally)
Falina

Postby Malia » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:49 am

Interesting results, guys :) It's interesting to see so many I's on the board.

My Myers-Briggs breaks down "thusly":
E = 11
N = 23
F = 15
J = 18

ENFJ's are classified as "Extraverted Feeling with Intuition".

Some traits of an ENFJ:

They place high value on harmonious human contacts.

They are friendly, tactful (I'm not always that one! hehe) and sympathetic.

They are particularly warmed by approval and are sensitive to indifference.

ENFJ's tend to concentrate on the admirable qualities of others . . .sometimes to the point of idealizing whatever they admire.
They have the gift of being able to see value in other people's opinions.
They are interested in seeing the possibilities beyond what is present, obvious or known.

They are likely to have the gift of expression, but may use it in speaking to audiences than in writing (I LOVE public speaking--the bigger the audience, the better!)

They are best in jobs that deal with people and in situations that require building cooperations.

They may be less happy in work demanding factual accuracy such as accounting (purgatory for me is being alone in a cubicle crunching numbers all day)

ENFJ's run some risk of jumping to conclusions before the understand a situation (I'm like that, unfortunately)

They have many definite "shoulds" and "should nots" and may express them freely (And I often do! :) )

That's ENFJ in a nutshell :)
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:54 am

I'm a certified ESFP.

Extroverted, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving.

I'm this annoying gal:

Demonstrating or performing is putting on a show to entertain others, and Performers, whether on the job, with friends, or in their families, are the natural performers among the types, people for whom it can truly be said "all the world's a stage." Playful and fun-loving, the Performer' primary social interest lies in stimulating those around them, arousing their senses and their pleasureful emotions-charming them, in a sense, to cast off their concerns and "lighten up." Representing about ten per cent of the general population, Performers radiate warmth and optimism, and are able to lift others' spirits with their contagious laughter and their irrepressible joy of living...

...it is well that Performers are plentiful, something over ten per cent of the population, because they bring joy to so many of us. They love the excitement of playing to an audience, and they try to generate a sense of "showtime" wherever they are. Performers are not comfortable being alone most of the time, and seek the company of others whenever possible -- which they usually find, for they make wonderful playmates. Lively, witty conversationalists, Performers always seem to know the latest jokes and stories, and are quick with wisecracks and wordplay -- nothing is so serious or sacred that it can't be made fun of.

shocker, I know. :roll: :oops:
dks
Dante

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous