metaphysical poet YIPPEEEEEEEEE!

Here you can post YOUR OWN poems, prose, music, or art inspired by the 'Muses nine'.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

metaphysical poet YIPPEEEEEEEEE!

Postby WolfLarsen » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:42 am

Metaphysical Poet

I am the Poet
By Wolf Larsen

for Albrecht Durer
I am the Poet so I tear highways out of the ground, I rip buildings out of the earth and throw them at God, I plunge my hands into your flesh and I pull the human race out of your corpse, I tear poetry out of my mind and I fling my poetry at the heavens and the heavens collapse with rampaging earthquakes, ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------censored---------------------------------------------------------, I am the Poet and I impregnate all your wives and thus the entire human race becomes poets and sculptors and painters and -------------------------------------censored---------------------------------------------, I throw all the planets into orbit I throw the earth around the sun with my curveball I throw all the stars into the sky and then I grab all the stars into my hands and I break them and all the stars fall over the cities, I throw industry and railroads and highways across the planet and I grab the continents and move them I dig my hands into the earth and create valleys I throw the dirt over the continents and create mountains I take a piss and thus the oceans are created I am the Poet I become larger and larger until I am taller than all the skyscrapers and all the words in the english language fall before my feet and beg me to use them, -----------------------censored--------------------------------, my words howl across the skies as my poems topple all the gods as my phrases create earthquakes that swallow you all and all you have is your laughter while I dig six billion graves and wink at you, I throw all the raging saxophones in new york city into your dreary face I throw chaos and storms into your mind and -----------------------censored-------------------------------------------, all the walls of every church collapse with my poetry every crying statue of censored begins laughing in mockery at the lie all you fools have believed for censored years while censored’s moaning is echoing across the earth and the only afterlife waiting for mankind is the one filled with dirt and maggots
Copyright 1998 by Wolf Larsen
Metaphysical Poet
WolfLarsen

Postby Saturn » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:05 am

Why the censorship?

Or is that part of the poem? :oops:

Great stuff anyway Wolf. Like Ted Hughes said poetry should be like a bomb going off. It should not be like magic, but just magic in itself.
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Brave Archer » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:11 pm

I like that, it made me smile. Metaphysical, huh?
Why don't you really tell me how you feel!
Brave Archer

Postby dks » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:11 pm

Exceptionally explosive and just damn well stated.

I like that one, WolfL. Welcome.
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Thank you.

Postby WolfLarsen » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:46 am

Thank you dks, Saturn, and Brave Archer for your comments.

Sections of the poem were self-censored because they are very controversial. It is not a gimmick.

Wolf
WolfLarsen

Postby Saturn » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:02 am

Can I say that my policy for this forum is not one of censorship.

I have no objection to the use of rude language and/or sexual terms as long as it is in context.

We did once discuss the derivation of the C word on this board once, as did Keats and his friends :wink:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:56 pm

Bravo, administrator, sir.
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Richard » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:56 pm

Saturn, what was the upshot of your discussion on the C word.
It is used here on terrestrial TV very rarely.
In my unfinished section is one called Keats or a Cunt.
Can you guess the answer ?
Languague has to change/morph to survive.
In my book a C is just not a very nice person, what was it in Keats day?
Sadly I am one of those vegetarian wooly liberals, who doesnt believe in banning anything, even foxhunting.
Idealogical, but the answer to seems to be education.

Richard
Richard

Postby Saturn » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:30 pm

Well its still a very offensive word today [as it should be, its an ugly horrible word for something so beautiful].

In Keats day it was probabaly about the worst word you could ever use. I can't really remember what the discussion was about.

It was either during the famous "immortal dinner" or one of Haydon's literary gatherings. It was more about the derivation of the word than its usage I think.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby AhDistinctly » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:39 pm

:shock:

Well, at least if someone is doing some web surfing for that particular term, they might get a little culture out of the deal if Google pulls them to this site!

:lol:
...perched and sat and nothing more...
AhDistinctly

Postby dks » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:52 pm

Saturn wrote:Well its still a very offensive word today [as it should be, its an ugly horrible word for something so beautiful].

In Keats day it was probabaly about the worst word you could ever use. I can't really remember what the discussion was about.

It was either during the famous "immortal dinner" or one of Haydon's literary gatherings. It was more about the derivation of the word than its usage I think.

I wholeheartedly agree with the Libra man's elevated sense of taste and class. It is an ugly word...albeit just a word...it simply sounds unpleasant. :?
dks
Dante

Postby Saturn » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:03 am

Here's wikipedia's two-penneth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cunt

Very interesting.

Read the rhyming slang bit at the bottom :lol:
Saturn
Forum Administrator

changing words

Postby Richard » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:06 am

Its all gobbledegook to me.... Sorry by nature I'm tendentious
I believe this word has its origins in the act of fellatio.
When I was young f**k was a powerful word, I think the more usage, the more diluted the meaning and impact has become. Its the tipping point of our wonderful language, a theme Keats or a C***, not just its historical perspective but it's dynamism.'An ugly word'.
I was crawling round one of the dusty areas of the site and bumped into a brilliant piece on entering Keats house, I think it was by Mahlia but now Ive lost it again. I was struck by the volume and quality of the stuff here. There is more than enough raw material to make a fantastic play, oh I guess its a film, but who could star as 'The Site'?
I am going up country for a five day horse trials, the loudest voice I will hear is A E Housman. I have a diary entry 1/9. I hear the first leaf fall how many more sighs to come ? Yawn.Yawn.

Still, night lies wet in
grass at noon. Bowed Buddleia
Faded butterfly.

Last this year? Question
will also die silently
buried by winter.

Black Puss says Hi Jacked Half the Verse hasn't got a tune.
Richard

Postby dks » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:38 pm

John Wilmot uses the C word in his poems--17th century...he wields it quite squallidly; however, admittedly, at times, it's quite amusing.
dks
Dante

quaint

Postby redan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:06 pm

"quaint" is the only word the OED refuses to give a meaning for, refering the surprised user to a passage in Chaucer. "Quaint" and the c-word are the same word, or were. Twins separated at birth.
redan

Return to ‘Where’s the Poet? Show him! Show him!’