Hello, sort anoob here

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Hello, sort anoob here

Postby Nanbe1st » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:36 pm

hello ladies and gents!
I've been kind of lurking around.
I love this site! thanks for having me :)
Nanbe1st

Postby Saturn » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:01 pm

Hello - thought that was spam there.

Welcome aboard.

Please don't lurk in the background we're all very friendly and always happy to have new members :D
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Hi!

Postby woolf_fire37 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:16 am

I'm also a new member and have been doing some lurking as well. This forum seems very open and friendly. And I'm getting extra credit for posting... :)

Just as a side note: In internet culture, a noob (normally spelled n00b) refers to an annoying person who begs for help or items. They are very common in online multiplayer games where they are known to follow more experienced players asking for free money and buchering the English language through excessive chat speak. I believe the word you want is newb, or newbie. This refers to a person who has just started on a website and honestly does not know how things work.

That's just a little something I've picked up while lurking other places... I will now quietly exit stage left...
woolf_fire37

Re: Hi!

Postby Saturn » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:21 am

kwalsh25 wrote:I'm also a new member and have been doing some lurking as well. This forum seems very open and friendly. And I'm getting extra credit for posting... :)

Just as a side note: In internet culture, a noob (normally spelled n00b) refers to an annoying person who begs for help or items. They are very common in online multiplayer games where they are known to follow more experienced players asking for free money and buchering the English language through excessive chat speak. I believe the word you want is newb, or newbie. This refers to a person who has just started on a website and honestly does not know how things work.

That's just a little something I've picked up while lurking other places... I will now quietly exit stage left...

Noooo don't go!! your geekiness is appreciated. I myself didn't even know where those words came from I have just taken them as given.
Last edited by Saturn on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saturn
Forum Administrator

:)

Postby woolf_fire37 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:52 am

Noooo don't go!! your geekiness is appreciated. I myself didn't even know where those words came form I have just taken them as given.

I guess you can call it a bit of useless information I picked up through various chatboards and such. But it's nice to know geekiness is appreciated around here. :D
woolf_fire37

Postby dks » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:31 am

Absolutely...and welcome, kwalsh25. :wink:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

;)

Postby edwardkeenaghan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:42 pm

Yes welcome to the magical land of john keats,here anything is possible :D :D

And i know too well :wink:
edwardkeenaghan
At Parnassus' foot

Postby Saturn » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:26 pm

You are always very cryptic Edward...
Saturn
Forum Administrator

:)

Postby edwardkeenaghan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:13 pm

Just adds to my mystery actually half the time i dont even know what im saying ,only kidding :lol: :lol:

Well saturn i think you have that sort of mysterious thing going on for you too :D ,i like your character you have depth.

Denise too is a mysterious girl :wink: ,i think she is a spy ssshh i think she is coming :lol: I think people who write poems or involved in poetry have that mystery ,because you see more with poetry therefore in life you can explore and seek.

So saturn hows life in belfast treating ya ? :D
edwardkeenaghan
At Parnassus' foot

Postby Saturn » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:17 pm

There's no mystery to me - everything I say or write is the truth.

Belfast is, well Belfast... dull, dreary and full of idiots :?
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Return to Miscellaneous